+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3139376;
    Joy is a democrat, she is for giving this party a chance because the Republician president is not doing a good job. EH isn't.
    Actually, I've heard Elisabeth take issue with things that Bush has done on several occasions -- primarily regarding sigining off on spending and the way the war in Iraq was executed pre-surge. I don't think that Joy's being a Democrat is merely the result of the Bush administration. The show was on pre-Bush. I don't recall Joy ever being one to advocate giving Republicans a chance, until Bush suddenly turned her.

Now I agree with you that Joy is a Democrat. As such, she's going to agree with Democrats the majority of the time. I'm not sure I see how that makes her different from Elisabeth with regards to the Republians. Each of them has a very firm party identification, which is reflected in the views the express and presumably in the way they vote.

I missed the first part of the whole lion thing. I am so not a pet person but that was really cute. Although, it is crazy they actually found the lion in all of the area. I am surprised as old as that is, I have never seen it before.

FORT Fogey

I haven't watched the entire show yet, but I had to pause to say that I absolutely LOVED the response that the women, especially Whoopi, had to the whole "controversy" on today's show. I respected that Barbara was honest enough to admit that she likes the attention that such heated debates bring the show. I had not really thought about it on those terms, but can really appreciate what they said about being ticked off that because they're a show of women, everything is painted as a cat fight. And I wanted to jump through my TV and kiss Whoopi for her making it clear that if she was attacking, it would be recognized as an attack AND for talking about what a GREAT conversatoin she thought it was rather than any sort of fight. Ithink it drove home the point that while there are people who will judge others based on their political points of view (I can't be friends with her, she's a Republican, etc) there are also grown-ups who can judge a person as a person separate from points of view. Opinions don't always have to be perceived as personal attacks, and it was refreshing to see that point of view affirmed. Carville and Matalin can be happily married, Shriver and Schwartzenegger can be happily married, and the women of The View can love each other and disagree too.

EH was trying to get Shirley McClain in a "gottcha" moment today and everyone kept shutting her down. Maybe the rest of the crew is as tired of her as I am!!!

FORT Fogey

Elisabeth is the only reason to watch The View for me.

I didn't see anyone trying to "shut her down."

I wish there was a selective muting option on my TV so that I could mute only Elizabeth. Although all of them are guilty of talking over each other, Elizabeth is by far the worst offender. Even though I enjoy the other women, I just can't watch this show often because of how incredibly annoying Elizabeth is with her constant 'know it all' attitude and incessant interrupting.

Shirley MacLaine tried to shut up Elizabeth when she commented, "I don't know what you're talking about" to her. I've seen Barbara repeatably try to shut her up as well. I really don't know how the other women tolerate Elizabeth.
    Last edited by CAdreamin; 07-22-2008 at 02:09 PM.

I guess we see what we want to see with our view points

Quote Originally Posted by CAdreamin;3140667;
    I wish there was a selective muting option on my TV so that I could mute only Elizabeth. Although all of them are guilty of talking over each other, Elizabeth is by far the worst offender. Even though I enjoy the other women, I just can't watch this show often because of how incredibly annoying Elizabeth is with her constant 'know it all' attitude and incessant interrupting.
    I so agree, but BW and the others did a great job shutting her down today without being snarky. The twit wanted so much to say the Ms. McClain was drinking Urine and being weird. They went to break and the twit actually went to get the book so she could point it out. BW then changed the subject to other world leaders doing something similar and the twit shut down. It was a thing of beauty.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3140673;
    I so agree, but BW and the others did a great job shutting her down today without being snarky. The twit wanted so much to say the Ms. McClain was drinking Urine and being weird. They went to break and the twit actually went to get the book so she could point it out. BW then changed the subject to other world leaders doing something similar and the twit shut down. It was a thing of beauty.
    I havent' seen the show yet, but in all fairness, Elisabeth is FAR from the only one around who views some of the things that Shirley McClain has done in her life as strange or wacky. Heck, there used to be rumors that her own brother didn't want to be associated with her because he didn't want it to be assumed that he believed in the same stuff.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CAdreamin;3140667;
    I just can't watch this show often because of how incredibly annoying Elizabeth is with her constant 'know it all' attitude and incessant interrupting.

ANd this is exactly how I feel about Barbara. Everytime she stretches her hand across the table and puts it in one of the other host's face to interrupt them I wish I could snap it off!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread