+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 1107 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354941445441044 ... LastLast
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Excellent point, Muduh. Barbara's da boss!

Star is just flabbergasted that when Barbara travels, she rinses out her bras and panties in the hotel bathroom. What the hell's that all about? Has any one of you ever gone on an extended trip and NOT washed out your underwear? I can't stand having used underwear in my suitcase.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Star is just flabbergasted that when Barbara travels, she rinses out her bras and panties in the hotel bathroom. What the hell's that all about? Has any one of you ever gone on an extended trip and NOT washed out your underwear? I can't stand having used underwear in my suitcase.
    I can see keeping it in one of those plastic bags hotels give you til you get home, but I'm guessing Barbara and Star both buy expensive and flimsy stuff--not something you'd turn over to the hotel's giant machines for washing and drying. So if you don't have enough with you to last the trip you'd certainly have to wash it out as you go yourself unless you travel with a personal maid!

I always wonder why I take enough underwear for every day when I will bring it all back, still clean. I wash stuff out every night or two, at the most. Now I do take extra, but Barbara said that she only takes one set. She also said that she doesn't expect anyone else to wash her underwear. That's kind of a nice thing to say.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I always wonder why I take enough underwear for every day when I will bring it all back, still clean. I wash stuff out every night or two, at the most. Now I do take extra, but Barbara said that she only takes one set. She also said that she doesn't expect anyone else to wash her underwear. That's kind of a nice thing to say.
    Wow, must be super quickdrying!
    I agree, nice thing to say.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I find it hard to understand taking just 1 set of undies and having to wash that set out every night. That doesn't even make sense to me. That strikes me as ridiculous. What is even more ridiculous is that I know a woman who washes out her underwear in the sink every night and she is at home almost everyday of the year!!! She washes her bedsheets out in the bathtub. Now, what's with that???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I assumed that she meant one set besides the one she was wearing. That's what I meant, anyway.

She did say that she washes her underwear out every night when she is at home, too.

People just do things differently which doesn't necessarily make it ridiculous, just different from others. I don't want dirty underwear in my suitcase, so I wash them. It's that simple. Maybe she feels the same.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I stand by "ridiculous"!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Now that Meredith is gone, I have no reason to watch The View. I like Joy but I can't stomach Elizabeth and Star so I'll forgo seeing Joy on this show.

Question to you The View watchers. Now that Meredith's gone will they have rotating guess moderators until Rosie starts or does Barbara lead the Hot Topics segment? Is Barbara there every day now?
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

aga
    FORTified
    I assumed that she meant one set besides the one she was wearing. That's what I meant, anyway.

She did say that she washes her underwear out every night when she is at home, too.

People just do things differently which doesn't necessarily make it ridiculous, just different from others. I don't want dirty underwear in my suitcase, so I wash them. It's that simple. Maybe she feels the same.
    It is probably a habit she developed when she was much younger and poorer.
    Some habits are difficult to break, although this isn't a "bad habit" so she probably just rolls with it. I think I would still take a pair for each day I am gone as a precaution, even if I was pretty confident that I would wash the pair I wore that day,
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

+ Reply to Thread