+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1546Likes

Thread: The View

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: The View

the common denominator is ... hmmm ... elisabeth! one of the major news networks even pointed that out this week.

but, they also said that controversy is what gets them viewers and viewiers means ratings.

FORT Fogey

Of course Elisabeth is pretty much always going to be involved. She's the only one on the panel who holds conservative views. Without her, every discussion would pretty much be "you know, I agree with you", "Oh I agree too!" "That's so funny, because I was just giong to say that I agree". The only exception would be Whoopi and Sherri on the topic of celebrity gossip.

I am at work when this show comes on so I miss most of the fireworks. I used to record it but after Rosie came on it became a Hyena fest and they all seem like a pack of cackling hens intent on pecking each other to death. I really think its time for this show to be put down to spare us all from the stupidity of it all.

FORT Fanatic

I taped this show twice last week because I was interested in their guests. I started watching the comments but had to fast-forward because of Elizabeth and Barbara being so tiresome. Barbara, please, please RETIRE. I quit watching 20/20 years ago when she was on it - I was so tired of her.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The show is on hiatus beginning Aug. 1.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3138249;
    so maybe Rosie wasn't the problem was she...
    That is exactly what I'm wondering now..
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3138550;
    That is exactly what I'm wondering now..
    I love Rosie, she pointed out truth and people couldn't handle it so they made her out to be the big bad meanie.

Funny how so many of the things she said have been proven right and no one mentions it

FORT Fogey

If because Elisabeth has been in a few passionate debates on the show, we're going to declare her to be the problem rather than Rosie, then lets review Rosie's record ... she's had feuds with Donald Trump, the publishers of her magazine (which ended up taking her to court), producers of The View including Barbara Walters, various staff members of her previous talk show, Howard Stern and the list goes on. Elisabeth has gotten into it with Rosie, and had passionate debates ON THE SHOW with Whoopi and Joy as well. On The View, all of the women are paid to express their points of view during hot topics. Any "friction" that Elisabeth has been involved in has been limited to that show, those segments. The same cannot be said of Rosie. Given the things that have been said abour Rosie in BW's book, as well as by Rosie herself, I'm far from identifying Elisabeth as "the problem". Where have the behind the scenes reports saying that the other women are having trouble dealing with Elisabeth in the makeup room been?

Rosie, not a problem

Rosie spits on anyone she can, even attacked BW, the one who gave her a job and gave her "free reign" on this show

Them people on that show encourage Elisabeth to give her view; and when she does it's a problem for her.

BW didn't start censoring until after Rosie left the show

if Elisabeth wasn't on that show it woulda got cancelled a while back...there would be no knid of opposition or anything on that show and no youtube footage for cable news channels and showbiz tonite to run for 3-4 days ie no ratings boost from the controversy.

the way i see it, that last episode gonna boost mondays ratings. and based on the initial subject that started the whole thing made Whoopi/Sherri look bad espicially when Whoopi started caughing out words that people find offensive...and yes BW was right in saying what she said. If Joy or BW said that word in phrases exactly the same way Whoopi used it...all hell would have broke loose.

speaking of Joy... notice how anytime it gets hot she curls up into her space, tucks her head and remains quiet...i find that halarious

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3138567;
    I love Rosie, she pointed out truth and people couldn't handle it so they made her out to be the big bad meanie.

Funny how so many of the things she said have been proven right and no one mentions it
    But when someone points out the truth about Rosie, she wants blood.

+ Reply to Thread