+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3122513;
    Wonder why the ladies haven't discussed Jesse Helms yet? That is unlike them.
    They're probably abiding by the "if you can't say something good about someone, don't say anything at all" dictum.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

I have heard many good things about Helms and his very long career in public service.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3123135;
    I have heard many good things about Helms and his very long career in public service.
    Sure ... but those many good things are balanced out with many negative and cruel things. Even in death, I think its fair to judge the full picture of a man instead of just the good or the bad. But there's a Jesse Helms thread to hammer that out. I think it hasn't been discussed on the show for a couple of reasons. First, between returning from vacation and the "ghost" show, they didn't have a lot of time to devote to many topics. Second, for a show like The View, there's no "delicate" way to handle the topic. If they were to get going, then it comes across as a bash-fest on a dead man. If they don't, they're not being honest. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't bring it up today or tomorrow, but if they do, it would not surprise me at all if it were a topic introduced, tossed around for about 30 seconds, and then Whoopi woudl quickly move on to something totally unrelated.

FORT Fogey

I doubt any of them know enough about Jesse Helms to have a discussion about him, so it is best that they did not discuss him.

I am sure that this morning will bring more Peter Cook/Christie Brinkley talk though. Or they may touch on the Ramsey DNA ruling.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3123211;
    I doubt any of them know enough about Jesse Helms to have a discussion about him, so it is best that they did not discuss him.

I am sure that this morning will bring more Peter Cook/Christie Brinkley talk though. Or they may touch on the Ramsey DNA ruling.
    As much as Barbara gets on my nerves, she does know the Washington DC. Good grief, she admitted having affairs with married senators. As far as discussing the late Helms, why bother? The country is divided into those who despised him and those who loved him. I wonder what his black daughter thinks?

The View is too loud.

I wish they'd bring in some responsible journalist to cover imporant stories.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Jesse had a black daughter?? I knew that Strom Thurmond did.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I got to see the show today for the first time in ages. Ditzy's roots are bugging the crap out of me.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

I think Elisabeth looked gorgeous today, as always.

I missed part of the summer shoes segment, but look forward to catching it later.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3123798;
    I got to see the show today for the first time in ages. Ditzy's roots are bugging the crap out of me.

Elisabeth's roots have been so prevelant for so long that I'm starting to think they're intentional. There have been a few days I've wondered if you achieve that look by wrapping the roots so no color gets on them, or if you color all the hair, and then go back in and color the roots darker.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

maybe she is growing her hair out? For either health or aesthetic reasons? Although if it was for looks you'd think she'd go with a dark dye job on the blonde parts, so maybe she's been told to stop coloring her hair for health reasons.
    Last edited by dagwood; 07-10-2008 at 04:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread