+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

IMHO, the story MO was telling about her 9 yr old daughter was a bit much. She said that the daughter had been asked if she gets nervous when on stage in front of the crowds. The DD's reply was "No they are not here to see me". Then MO went on with this long drawn out continued response that just did not sound like a 9 y/o.
    And, IMO, the look on MO face, along with a strange pause, had me thinking that maybe she embellished what her daughter had said.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3065800;
    IMHO, the story MO was telling about her 9 yr old daughter was a bit much. She said that the daughter had been asked if she gets nervous when on stage in front of the crowds. The DD's reply was "No they are not here to see me". Then MO went on with this long drawn out continued response that just did not sound like a 9 y/o.
    And, IMO, the look on MO face, along with a strange pause, had me thinking that maybe she embellished what her daughter had said.
    You have got to be kidding. I have met a 3 year old that will astonish you. I can believe that her 10 year old will say that.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bugsme3;3065835;
    You have got to be kidding. I have met a 3 year old that will astonish you. I can believe that her 10 year old will say that.

So do I. As the saying goes, 'kids say the darndest things'. So true.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

I have to admit, the media attention that Michelle's appearance has generated is really starting to get on my nerves. When Cindy McCain was on, I knew it because I DVR the show every day. I don't recall previews and post-show-analysis on GMA, Today, Fox News, MSNBC, and CNN. But today, I can't get away from breakdowns of Michelle's appearance - what she said, what it meant, what she wore, etc. Bias much?

To me it sounded exactly the way a well-educated child would respond.
    CYA

Believe it or not, some kids are actually quite intelligent and articulate.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sounded exactly like a 9 year old to me. Some people's children are much more sophisticated than others. I went to school with kids like that. Kids tend to reflect the environment in which they live. That lovely young lady lives with very verbal, outspoken, and intelligent people, and it shows. I love children like that! You can have great conversations with them!

I just rewatched the show from yesterday. Thoroughly enjoyed Michelle's appearance. She came across as "regular people". I don't envy her position at all. I loved it when she said that she, initially, didn't want Barack to go into politics because it was "mean", and that he was just so sweet and (what sounded to be) 'pathetic'...she had actually said 'empathetic', but it didn't sound like it until everybody started laughing and it was what she had said was explained! She seemed very uncontrived and relaxed. Loved her telling that some people call hubby 'Baracko Bama'! Good Grief!

I guarantee you the shop that sells all of the "nothing but black and white clothing" will see a huge upswing in business.

Geez...she's 5' 11" and I am jealous!

And poor Matthew Broderick......wife Sarah J. always looks impeccable...and he looks like he works at some 3rd rate used car lot (let's call it "Ernies Used Cars") and gets the #1 Meal from a fast food joint everyday! Does that man not have somebody to help him out?? I must say I was shocked. I did enjoy hearing him speak, though.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-19-2008 at 11:03 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3066310;
    I just rewatched the show from yesterday. Thoroughly enjoyed Michelle's appearance. She came across as "regular people". I don't envy her position at all. I loved it when she said that she, initially, didn't want Barack to go into politics because it was "mean", and that he was just so sweet and (what sounded to be) 'pathetic'...she had actually said 'empathetic', but it didn't sound like it until everybody started laughing and it was what she had said was explained! She seemed very uncontrived and relaxed. Loved her telling that some people call hubby 'Baracko Bama'! Good Grief!
    I agree - I really enjoyed the show with Michelle as well. It was hilarious when it sounded as though she said her husband was was sweet and 'pathethic'...lol. From watching her on the she strikes me as someone who would be an easy person to get along with in everyday life.

And poor Matthew Broderick......wife Sarah J. always looks impeccable...and he looks like he works at some 3rd rate used car lot (let's call it "Ernies Used Cars") and gets the #1 Meal from a fast food joint everyday! Does that man not have somebody to help him out?? I must say I was shocked. I did enjoy hearing him speak, though.
    Ernies Used Cars... He does look frumpy in comparison to his impeccably dressed, designer from head-to-toe clad wife.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, today Sherri is saying "I loved being married"..."There's always somebody there that's got your back"...OBVIOUSLY NOT...or she'd still be with him!! Does she not know how ridiculous she sounds?? Uh...no...if he always had your back, he wouldn't be out making babies with another woman. Hello??? Geez....what a maroon.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3066356;
    OK, today Sherri is saying "I loved being married"..."There's always somebody there that's got your back"...OBVIOUSLY NOT...or she'd still be with him!! Does she not know how ridiculous she sounds?? Uh...no...if he always had your back, he wouldn't be out making babies with another woman. Hello??? Geez....what a maroon.
    I know. Poor sherri, she really loves that FOOL.
    I hope she can move on and not end up sitting around waiting for him to come back for the next 20 years.

+ Reply to Thread