+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree983Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I am looking forward to it. I agree with what Elisabeth said when they announced she was coming on. Michelle Obama and Cindy McCain can give a view of their husbands that no one else can offer. I enjoyed hearing Cindy McCain talking about things like John's fascination with horticulture (something I never knew about him) and I'm looking forward to finding out about that side of Obama.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3055207;
    Joy annoyed me to no end yesterday with her comments against Mel Gibson. It goes without saying that no one agrees with Mel's anti-Jewish rant, but most of us are willing to forgive, especially in light his Mel's expressed regret over his words. As Whoopi stated, we've all done and/or said things in the past that we're not proud of but we'd all like to think that others won't hold our previous sins against us, but rather forgive us for them and give us a second chance.

Moreover, if Mel reaching out to Britney, despite HIS past bad judgement, ends up being the thing to help Britney land firmly back on both feet, then who am I to judge him? At least he's doing SOMETHING to help her. As Whoopi stated, sometimes it takes a person who has been down before, to be the one to help another rise up again.

Unfortunately Joy seems more concerned with Mel's past than Britney's future. Sad, really.
    Frankly, unless these people are in your inner/social/financial circle I don't know why anyone would concern themselves with either of these people, anyway. Geez...what a perfectly good waste of time.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

OK, so I saw Whoop when she first walked out at the Tonys and my first thought was.....What the holy hell does she have on?? I promise you my mouth hit the floor. Is this what happens when you wait until just before you walk out the door to decide on what you are wearing?? Good Golly Miss Molly!! I realize I could be very alone in my opinion.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3056032;
    I am looking forward to it. I agree with what Elisabeth said when they announced she was coming on. Michelle Obama and Cindy McCain can give a view of their husbands that no one else can offer. I enjoyed hearing Cindy McCain talking about things like John's fascination with horticulture (something I never knew about him) and I'm looking forward to finding out about that side of Obama.
    I agree! I also saw that Matthew Broderick will be a guest that day so I'm wondering what sort of questions they may ask him. I'm sure there will be a few Sarah Jessica Parker and SATC questions.

The Obamas seem to have a very strong relationship so we shall see tomorrow what sort of "secrets" she may reveal to the show!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Go Away, Barbara. Take Elisabeth's "nails on the chalkboard" voice with you.

Sorry, but I do not believe Mel Gibson's pr apologies. He is now and has always been anti-Jewish. He's actually anti everything that strays from his narrow-minded religious mythology. I see no difference between his rants and Tom Cruise's Scientology rants. In this case, I support Joy's remarks.

I love Whoopi Goldberg as an entertainer, but I question whether she would be as forgiving of Don Imus or Michael Richards or others who make hateful comments about black people. I suspect not, nor would I expect her to be.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I haven't watched the View since the last time I took a "mental health" day from work, but I am really looking forward to watching tomorrow's epi on my DVR this weekend. I've always liked Michelle, flaws and all (perhaps even more so because of her flaws), and I think she'll be really interesting on the show. She seems so human and down to earth. I'm looking forward like the rest of you to those insider stories. I just hope she hasn't been so trained at this point, in order to avoid any more of those all too human 'gaffes' , that she's lost that wonderful "real woman" spark she has.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Fogey

So I'm not home to my DVR yet -- how did Michelle do?

FORT Fogey

I just finished watching todays show. I really enjoyed it! I love that the show can serve as a forum to show the human side of political spouses. It was refreshing to get to see Michelle as a mom and normal woman like those on the panel instead of the polished, planned in every word/movement that a person in her role so often has to be.

Veruka, thanks for posting ! I haven't watched yet and I've been faithfully checking for all the regular View watchers to post....and what a day to not hear anything I'm glad to hear Michelle hasn't been so "made over" that she's lost her realness. Frankly, I've always liked her just the way she is. I'm looking forward to watching this weekend
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread