+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1635Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fanatic

Re: The View

I don't understand why there has to be three comics on the show. Why couldn't they mix it up? Whoopi is the only one even remotely funny. Joy tries to hard and her jokes are obvious and old and Sherri just isn't funny and she is stupid. Seriously she is very limited on the brain power.

FORT Fogey

Sherri is very funny, when they let her talk. I like her. Her story today about her real hair and the wig cracked me up.

FORT Fogey

I don't think that Sherri adds a heck of a lot to the poltical / current affairs discussions, but I think she adds a lot in other ways. For example, the perspective that she offers as a mother whose son is on the other side of the country is something none of the others can. I find it very interesting to hear her input when issues of infidelity come up considering her experience. She also is the woman who can bring the most to the table from the perspective of "I lived the life of a regular non-famous person, then got into this, and it's all so new to me". I like that too.

I wouldn't turn to Sherri for a great perspective on what is happening in the world. But then again, I'm not so sure I'd turn to Joy or Elisabeth for that either. Perhaps the key is that they need to develop hot topics topics which grow from each woman's strength instead of focusing so heavily on politics.

FORT Fogey

I give Sheri credit for wanting to learn about current events. She comes off as dumb mostly because she is.
    She was raised a Jehovah's Witness so most likely dinner time discussions about this great nation were not a part of her upbringing.
    She has street smarts but she seems the type that just scraped by academically, thinking a man would come along and support her. She does have a good sense of humor and hides behind it much of the time.
    She has come a long way in a short time. I give her credit for taking on something that was out of her realm. I know I could NEVER dream of sitting where she sits!

I give Sherri credit for stepping out of her comfort zone and trying something new. Although I liked her better when she just did comedy. After seeing her on this show I like her less. I hardly ever watch the view anymore though.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3046583;
    I don't think that Sherri adds a heck of a lot to the poltical / current affairs discussions, but I think she adds a lot in other ways. For example, the perspective that she offers as a mother whose son is on the other side of the country is something none of the others can. I find it very interesting to hear her input when issues of infidelity come up considering her experience. She also is the woman who can bring the most to the table from the perspective of "I lived the life of a regular non-famous person, then got into this, and it's all so new to me". I like that too.

I wouldn't turn to Sherri for a great perspective on what is happening in the world. But then again, I'm not so sure I'd turn to Joy or Elisabeth for that either. Perhaps the key is that they need to develop hot topics topics which grow from each woman's strength instead of focusing so heavily on politics.
    Great post.
    People need to remember that "The View" isn't a serious, heavy, world news show (they just happen talk about those things everyday right now ). Sherri fits in perfectly fine.

And I wish folks would stop beating the dead horse about her "world being flat" comment. It was clear that she got caught in a bad place in the discussion and didn't want to let go of her point and ended up making a blub that people took and ran with.

FORT Fogey

I absolutely, flat-out, loved and adored Whoopi for the way she delivered her defense of Mel Gibson to Joy yesterday. If I could have walked through my tv to her, I would have kissed her. She did such an excellent, eloquent job of diffusing Joy's negativity. When they get on a subject like that, Whoopi proves herself time and time again to be a class act who is deserving of the respect she gets ... and even more.

I also really liked the fact that in hot topics, they discussed a bunch of things that were topical, but it was not 3 segments of a political round table. They covered a lot, and seemed to touch on the strengths of each woman. Maybe the producers are reading this thread and taking our tips.

FORT Fogey

I did like the defense of Mel by all of the other ladies against Joy yesterday. Joy seems to be a horribly judgemental person with no compassion or understanding.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Joy annoyed me to no end yesterday with her comments against Mel Gibson. It goes without saying that no one agrees with Mel's anti-Jewish rant, but most of us are willing to forgive, especially in light his Mel's expressed regret over his words. As Whoopi stated, we've all done and/or said things in the past that we're not proud of but we'd all like to think that others won't hold our previous sins against us, but rather forgive us for them and give us a second chance.

Moreover, if Mel reaching out to Britney, despite HIS past bad judgement, ends up being the thing to help Britney land firmly back on both feet, then who am I to judge him? At least he's doing SOMETHING to help her. As Whoopi stated, sometimes it takes a person who has been down before, to be the one to help another rise up again.

Unfortunately Joy seems more concerned with Mel's past than Britney's future. Sad, really.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

So is everyone excited about Michelle Obama co-hosting the show next week?? I am really interested in how they will handle the situation and what she will say. I know there are many issues she could address with her husband and the campaign so I will be watching intently to see just what she has to say and how the ladies react.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread