+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1427Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

I kind of thought that the behind the scenes show made the women look like puppets......kind of like The Muppets.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I totally agree with you that the panelists now appear to be puppets to me, and I've lost a lot of respect for all of them. I looked forward to seeing this particular episode, then after it was over I realized how much I wished I had not seen it. I think TPTB made a huge mistake showing us the behind-the-scenes of the show (and did they have to pick the episode with the vapid Lohans?). I knew they had a general list of topics to talk about each day, but always assumed the comments the women made were their own and that Joy's jokes were of her own, made on the spot, off the cuff. Not so. Seems like everything is being fed to them through earpieces, written and rehearsed ahead of time. Even the conversations with the guests are preplanned. This is definitely not what I thought a talk show was all about, and I'll never watch it again with the same interest.

FORT Fogey

All talk shows are that pre-planned. If they weren't, they'd be painfully boring to watch. For any talk show, whether it's The View, or Today, or Letterman, guests do a pre-interview with a producer. The producer uses that to determine what the guest talks about that is interesting, and what is so boring that it shouldn't be asked about. That's why you see a host like Leno bring up things that seem totally random, such as asking Kate Hudson "So I hear you've taken up cooking sushi. Tell me about that". Without that level of prep, the interviews would have a lot of "So do you like to cook?" "No, not really." Hmm ... okay, next topic.

They still have a lot of room to ad-lib and contribute their own things. But if they didn't have the prep, there'd be too much dead air.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This definitely makes me see Rosie in another light....even though was one of the few people who liked her, anyway. She refused to wear the earpiece. I'm impressed!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

darn, i wish i had read this thread before i deleted the recording. i usually look to see who the guests are and if they interest me, i watch, if not, i just delete it.

I missed the show. But I always assumed their interviews were at the very least rehearsed because they aren't that good and are very surface interviews. You can see they avoid some topics and focus heavily on others.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Babs is back....UGH!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

She was back yesterday... I had taped the show, and once I saw her on, I deleted it. I just didn't want to hear about her friggin book tour AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;3008969;
    Can I sue The View for misrepresentation? Didn't BW say she wouldn't be on for three weeks? So why are we seeing more of her now than before?!?! Enough already! Not only are they hawking her book every other breath and showing pre-recorded never-ending interviews but she's now 'free' to pop up on every other tv show. I'm almost afraid to turn on the tv.
    I Love BW -- after all, it's HER show. As for Sherri, she should not even be on the show. She is actually stupid -- doesn't know what she's talking about to the point of being embarrassed for her. She has absolutely nothing to contribute.

Not to mention that the entire show is all of them talking over each other. Click, click goes my remote.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3043907;
    I Love BW -- after all, it's HER show. As for Sherri, she should not even be on the show. She is actually stupid -- doesn't know what she's talking about to the point of being embarrassed for her. She has absolutely nothing to contribute.
    I also think Sherri shouldn't be on the show. She IS stupid, she contributes very little content (if anything at all), doesn't know the meaning of half the words/topics thrown out. I get it that she was hired because she is a comedienne but ugh, when she sat there with a straight face actually telling Whoopie she wasn't sure if the earth was round! .......Man, THAT was painful to watch.

+ Reply to Thread