+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1633Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I have to admit, I truly don't understand the uproar over Denise Richards including her kids on her reality show. She's certainly not the first to do it. Kimora Lee Simmons includes her kids on her show - rather prominently at times. Non celebrities such as the women on the Real Housewives of various cities around the US do as well. As Denise said in the interview, E! required Charlie Sheen to sign a release as well as Denise in order for them to be included. He did. So is the furor now simply response to Charlie's reversal of sentiment in order to make Denise look bad? And if so, isn't being outraged just playing into the hand of a jerk who took signing a release for his children so for granted?

Denise Richards has my sympathies for the loss of her mother, but that does not give her a free bye to place her kids on a reality show. I guess I dont get the whole" i want to show who I really am", because it make you look needy. If you kids, Dad and siblings repsect you, that's what you need. She was not that great of an actress, so the whole divorce shenanigans did not lose her any opportunties. Grow pride from within, work on your craft and get back into the business

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78;2937607;
    I am not easily offended at all. But Barbara constantly referring to African Americans etc "The blacks" makes me cringe it sounds awful.
    I agree.
    It's not that Black people aren't to be referred to as such because I'm Black and I never call myself AA, I say Black. But it's the way she feels the need to say THE blacks instead of just Blacks. She says Whites, Hispanics, Asian. etc. Yet she says THE blacks.
    May seem minor to some but just annoying as crap to me.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Maybe it dates back to some localism where she grew up (long ago, before anyone talked about any racial/ethnic groups except white/black, so when "Asians" began to be discussed she just picked up "Asians" without the "the", and the "the" in "the blacks" is some kind of leftover). My sig. other and I are somewhat bicoastal, and it always gives us a giggle when we have just switched to notice that CA traffic reporters talk about "an accident on the 95" while in NY it would just be "an accident on 95".
    Well, trying to be charitable.... I'd suggest writing in to the show and asking that someone point it out to her, but she's probably too fuzzy to remember the suggestion long enough to change... ok, NOT being charitable....

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3018997;
    I have to admit, I truly don't understand the uproar over Denise Richards including her kids on her reality show. She's certainly not the first to do it. Kimora Lee Simmons includes her kids on her show - rather prominently at times. Non celebrities such as the women on the Real Housewives of various cities around the US do as well. As Denise said in the interview, E! required Charlie Sheen to sign a release as well as Denise in order for them to be included. He did. So is the furor now simply response to Charlie's reversal of sentiment in order to make Denise look bad? And if so, isn't being outraged just playing into the hand of a jerk who took signing a release for his children so for granted?
    The others aren't going around making a campaign out of "wanting to protect" their children. I assume they're protective of their children but they're not making it front page tabloid news. It just seems a little hypocritical to preach about how one wants to protect ones children while simutaneously parading them in front of the television cameras.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Loved todays's show with Mario. His impression of David A. was spot on. I remember when he filled in while ELizabeth was on ML and loved him then as well.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDiva;3029235;
    Loved todays's show with Mario. His impression of David A. was spot on. I remember when he filled in while ELizabeth was on ML and loved him then as well.
    LOL! The entire segment with Mario was hilarious. And yes, his David Archeleta impression was DEAD ON.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3029923;
    LOL! The entire segment with Mario was hilarious. And yes, his David Archeleta impression was DEAD ON.
    OMG that segment was so fun. All the ladies were even dying laughing. I loved the Archie impression also Bruno from DWTS. Mario is just not afraid to say anything! He said they had to be lesbians if they wanted to win a daytime Emmy! LOL.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Until today's behind the scense episode, I hadn't thought about BW once since she's been gone.

I wonder why Ryan is going with the 3 Musketeer look.

FORT Fan

What the purpose of having a day of hot toipics if they are going to have guest anyway???

The only difference is they sit at the table instead of the couch.

+ Reply to Thread