+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1502Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I did not like Joy and Whoopi making fun of Sherri's standards. I was enjoying hearing what Sherri had to say.

FORT Fan

They never let her speak.
    They treat her like the village idot.
    I'll admitit, she may not be as articulate as the others but she's still an adult who has her own views and opinion on things and she is very respectful to the rest of them and they need to return the sentiment.

I hate the way Whoopi cuts her eyes at Sheri when she's talking like she's her mother or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3014095;
    So, any thoughts on Denise Richards today? I feel that it was a very awkward interview. There is just something about her that rubs me the wrong way. Heck, she even made Charlie Sheen a sympathetic figure.
    She just doesn't come off as a very nice woman. She certainly was giving Whoopi looks to kill when Whoopi was questioning her decision to subject her kids to a reality show. And that red dress she was wearing was horrendous. It was so tight she could barely walk, and incredibly unflattering.

I don't like Charlie Sheen. My husband loves Two and A Half Men, so it's on our TV often, and I'll admit that Sheen can be a funny guy. However, I agree with whomever said (Joy?) that he's getting a free pass while Denise is being made to look like a monster. They probably deserve each other. Too bad for those little girls, though.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sherri could stand to be more well-read than she is at this point. She is with a collection of literate women who have learned to keep up with what is going on in the world so that they are ready to discuss it. We all make our choices about what information we let in. I think she's doing better than she did when she first came on the show. To her credit, Whoopi does make it a point to, specifically, let Sherri speak; she will shut the other panelists down.

I am probably one of the few people who was sympathetic to Denise Richards today. I thought Whoopi was unrelentless in her statements and browbeating of the woman today. I can, rather, identify with what Richards has been through in this past year (from what she has said), and I'm sure no one is kicking themselves harder over marrying Charlie Sheen than she is. He, apparently, is doing what he can to make life more difficult for her and the children. She watched her mother waste away to cancer this past year? Yes, the woman has her hands full and is probably doing the best that she can, and may be hanging on by a thread. It's good that she has her father living with her and being there for the children.....I assume. I hope. Honestly, I thought her pain was palpable.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 05-21-2008 at 06:49 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3009319;
    i record the show because i work, and i usually delete it after i've watched the hot topics part, unless there's an interview i'm interested in.
    I do the same thing. Lately I've been fast forwarding through all of the election talk and Babs book talk. I'm sick of hearing there mouths running on both topics. They don't have anything new to add.

toothdoc

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3010630;
    Am I the only one who is VERY annoyed with the constant bickering over politics on this show? It is rarely true debate, but rather rants from Joy and rebutals, often lame, from Elisabeth. I'm just so sick of the RANTING without any reasonable discussion. It's not enlightening it's just VERY unpleasant. I follow politics and I like true political discussions, but these are not debates, they're RANTS and it really gets sickening. Stupid comments abound on both sides of the issues and it's made me reluctant to turn on the View. Hot topics are fine and sometimes interesting, but these political rantings are getting too nasty and I don't think they're adequately representing the issues in most cases. jmo

In order to discuss politics everyone would have to be as reasonable and lucid as Whoopi. I don't necessarily agree with her, but she doesn't rant and she expresses herself very well. Not so with the other three. Joy is ready to pounce of whatever Elizabeth says without stopping to consider if there's actually any validityto her point. It's nasty, not good t.v. I wish they'd stop before it gets as vitriolic and disgusting as with Rosie.
    AMEN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3010800;
    i'm sick of the political discussions too ... there's plenty of other stuff going on in the world that they can discuss.
    I feel like people criticize where there's too much political talk on the show, and then when they talk about lighter subjects like DWTS or Idol, people complain that they're not talking more politics! I think they have a good range of talking points. I'm just curious as to what other topics people want them to talk about...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I would like them to spend more time on current events other than politics. There are lots of stories out there...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3018643;
    I would like them to spend more time on current events other than politics. There are lots of stories out there...
    I think they do ... and then Joy and Elisabeth turn those stories into political ones too. For example, if they were discussing the man in Europe who locked up his daughter and fathered children by her, Joy would argue that he was led to do that because he hated George Bush so much. And then Elisabeth would argue that he did it because Democrats in this country have obliterated family values so much.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Loved how Whoopi took Denise Richards to task the other day about putting her kids on her stupid reality tv show. The whole "I'm a good mother whose very protective of my children" foolishness annoyed me to no end. How can you claim you're being protective of your children while at the same time trotting them out before the tv cameras? I was glad when Whoopi called her out on it.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread