+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

i still think it would have been nice to have Barbara at the table today but I was comforted by Sara Ramirez talk about Grey's! I thought she was really well spoken and it was nice to hear about what it's like working on the show. I can't wait to hear from Teri Hatcher on Friday- i guess Desperate House Wives is projected to go on for a few more season. I hope she says something about where they plan to go with her character!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Fanatic

Can I sue The View for misrepresentation? Didn't BW say she wouldn't be on for three weeks? So why are we seeing more of her now than before?!?! Enough already! Not only are they hawking her book every other breath and showing pre-recorded never-ending interviews but she's now 'free' to pop up on every other tv show. I'm almost afraid to turn on the tv.

Anyway, loved the debate between Joy & Elisabeth. Neither gives an inch in their narrow minded views and it's amusing to see them get so ticked at each other.

I've now made it my mission to leave the room when Babs comes on in these prerecorded segments. I go change laundry loads, take the dog out, things like that. Much more productive than just sitting there seething that she is on the TV screen once again!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i record the show because i work, and i usually delete it after i've watched the hot topics part, unless there's an interview i'm interested in.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;3008969;
    Anyway, loved the debate between Joy & Elisabeth. Neither gives an inch in their narrow minded views and it's amusing to see them get so ticked at each other.
    Today's debate between those two reminded me of another Joy-ism that really gets on my last nerve. She is always making broad statements about various Republicans never doing something, or always doing something, or other absolute statements. When Elisabeth counters her with examples that prove that's not true, her response is "Well that's just one". When she's making such absolute statements, "just one" example proves her wrong. Now, including in yesterday's discussion, she's jumping in with the "that's just one" excuse cutting Elisabeth off, so the "just one" is not due to a lack of examples, but rather due to the lack of time for someone else to talk.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;3008969;
    Can I sue The View for misrepresentation? Didn't BW say she wouldn't be on for three weeks? So why are we seeing more of her now than before?!?! Enough already! Not only are they hawking her book every other breath and showing pre-recorded never-ending interviews but she's now 'free' to pop up on every other tv show. I'm almost afraid to turn on the tv.
    I know. I've been ticked beyond belief that they've been shoving BW's stupid book down our throats with those lame pre-recorded segments. Like BW hasn't plugged her book enough already. Yeesh!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

One of my students was telling me they did something today on father/daughter balls? Something to do with the daughters' purity? (No mention of sons in this I gather!) Can someone explain that to me?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3010494;
    One of my students was telling me they did something today on father/daughter balls? Something to do with the daughters' purity? (No mention of sons in this I gather!) Can someone explain that to me?
    I haven't seen the show yet, but I am familair with the concept, assuming that its the same sort of program. The ones I've heard of are a way for teens to make pledges to their parents to remain virgins until marriage. There are several different programs - some geared only towards girls, some only towards boys, and some for both boys and girls. And their core, it's a conversation starter between parents and teens to discuss abstinence, that leads to some sort of formal promise. Some are sealed with a contract, a ring, or a dance event where the promise is made "official" and celebrated.

Am I the only one who is VERY annoyed with the constant bickering over politics on this show? It is rarely true debate, but rather rants from Joy and rebutals, often lame, from Elisabeth. I'm just so sick of the RANTING without any reasonable discussion. It's not enlightening it's just VERY unpleasant. I follow politics and I like true political discussions, but these are not debates, they're RANTS and it really gets sickening. Stupid comments abound on both sides of the issues and it's made me reluctant to turn on the View. Hot topics are fine and sometimes interesting, but these political rantings are getting too nasty and I don't think they're adequately representing the issues in most cases. jmo

In order to discuss politics everyone would have to be as reasonable and lucid as Whoopi. I don't necessarily agree with her, but she doesn't rant and she expresses herself very well. Not so with the other three. Joy is ready to pounce of whatever Elizabeth says without stopping to consider if there's actually any validityto her point. It's nasty, not good t.v. I wish they'd stop before it gets as vitriolic and disgusting as with Rosie.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3010630;
    Am I the only one who is VERY annoyed with the constant bickering over politics on this show? It is rarely true debate, but rather rants from Joy and rebutals, often lame, from Elisabeth. I'm just so sick of the RANTING without any reasonable discussion. It's not enlightening it's just VERY unpleasant. I follow politics and I like true political discussions, but these are not debates, they're RANTS and it really gets sickening. Stupid comments abound on both sides of the issues and it's made me reluctant to turn on the View. Hot topics are fine and sometimes interesting, but these political rantings are getting too nasty and I don't think they're adequately representing the issues in most cases. jmo

In order to discuss politics everyone would have to be as reasonable and lucid as Whoopi. I don't necessarily agree with her, but she doesn't rant and she expresses herself very well. Not so with the other three. Joy is ready to pounce of whatever Elizabeth says without stopping to consider if there's actually any validityto her point. It's nasty, not good t.v. I wish they'd stop before it gets as vitriolic and disgusting as with Rosie.

I am soooo with you! And why is it that Elisabeth has to have an opinion on every single political topic?? They don't always go to Sherri for her thoughts, so why do we have to hear Elisabeth all the time? So friggin annoying! I like Joy - but her constant eyerolling while Elisabeth is speaking is increasingly irritating.

+ Reply to Thread