+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

I won't be buying BW's book either, but if it's available at the library....and there is no waiting list....I will check it out. I did the same thing with Rosie O'Donnell's book. Some things I'm just not going to spend my money on.

Today, I noticed that when I saw BW on the television screen, in my mind I'd hear the screechy 'Psycho' music playing, and I'd see the scene with the knife hacking into the woman in the shower. I guess that's kind of how I see her as a boss, or your supposed "friend"...her accomplishments, aside.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I will not be giving her any extra $$ either. If I purchase it, it will be secondhand from a used book store. She is just so two-faced, it really bothers me. I am by no means defending Star or Rosie... but I don't quite believe all the bs that BW is spreading, it's getting kinda deep.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2977673;
    I think it is an interesting one, but most likely one we'll never really hear on the air. As you said, Babs is the boss. IT would be difficult enough for Elisabeth to voice her throughts on the matter to Babs privately let alone on the air. I don't think we'll ever see that conversation publicly, and I don't fault Elisabeth one bit if that is the case.
    And once again we agree! I just thought she might not have been able to resist, and might have done the "not sensible" thing. I'm almost never home to watch the show, just read about it here, so was wondering if there was any drama.

Well, of course not!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I for one am so glad that BW will be gone for the next 4 weeks - I really need a break from her book promotion already. Today was the worst. If I never hear the name of that book again, it will be too soon.

And Elisabeth needs to color those roots already. Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2982825;
    I for one am so glad that BW will be gone for the next 4 weeks - I really need a break from her book promotion already. Today was the worst. If I never hear the name of that book again, it will be too soon.

And Elisabeth needs to color those roots already. Damn!
    And yet Barbara was on with her daughter today as a "GUEST" to promote her book. I can't understand why at close to the age of 80 she's promoting her book so agressively even on her own show (which just seems strange and desparate). I think a large part of her "inability" to retire has to do with her insecurities and loneliness.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by skynet5000;2993032;
    And yet Barbara was on with her daughter today as a "GUEST" to promote her book. I can't understand why at close to the age of 80 she's promoting her book so agressively even on her own show (which just seems strange and desparate). I think a large part of her "inability" to retire has to do with her insecurities and loneliness.
    Televison is certainly one of those professions where the job can be easy enough that people don't retire in spite of their age. Look at Regis Philbin, Mike Wallace (heck, most of the 60 Minutes crew!), Larry King, Hugh Downs, etc. Babs is far from alone in her desire to keep on working. I think its understandable. WHen you've spent your life right in the middle of everything happening in the world, how do you just walk away from that kind of access entirely? If they're happy, who cares?

With regards to her promoting her book so vigorously on the show -- I remember her being criticizied when it was announced the first interview would be with Oprah, because it appeared she didn't htink her own show was good enough. Guess she's damned if she does, and damned if she doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2993204;
    Televison is certainly one of those professions where the job can be easy enough that people don't retire in spite of their age. Look at Regis Philbin, Mike Wallace (heck, most of the 60 Minutes crew!), Larry King, Hugh Downs, etc. Babs is far from alone in her desire to keep on working. I think its understandable. WHen you've spent your life right in the middle of everything happening in the world, how do you just walk away from that kind of access entirely? If they're happy, who cares?

With regards to her promoting her book so vigorously on the show -- I remember her being criticizied when it was announced the first interview would be with Oprah, because it appeared she didn't htink her own show was good enough. Guess she's damned if she does, and damned if she doesn't.
    I wouldn't criticize her for going on Oprah. I get that. Plus, it's not really that it makes Barbara happy --- it probably does since she doesn't have much else going for her. It's just that it's making a lot of The View's viewers unhappy .

We, absolutely, looked forward to not seeing/hearing from her for multiple weeks, and it looks like we'll be seeing her every day. Bummer!!

I was also ecstatic at the prospect of being BW-free for a few weeks and then my bubble was burst

+ Reply to Thread