+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree976Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

I think it was a case of still being in denial, even after the surgery, for a very long time. She wouldn't admit that she had serious weight issues before (which she finally admitted that), and she sure as heck wasn't going to admit it later, regardless of what we all knew we saw. That's the attorney in her coming out, I'd say!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

very well put Sky. Star rubbed me wrong when she was lying about her weightloss and wouldn't shut up about then her wedding, I was glad to see her go. Total karma that she's now getting a divorce.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;2977965;
    Folks' main problem with Star appears to be for two reasons: her plugging her wedding on the show and the way she lied about how she lost her weight. I do agree she should have been forthright about her weight loss methods. I honestly think it would have been great had she informed the viewers ahead of time that she was getting the surgery done and then allow the show to chronicle her ongoing success of her transformation as the rest of the weight came off, sort of how Whoopie is doing right now with the Cardio-Free diet. Star had always been so open and honest about everything else, I am surprise that she wouldn't have wanted to disclose her weight loss surgery to everyone.
    I agree that she should have been honest but don't think she needed to allow viewers to be privy to every step of the process. She could have saved face by saying openly & honestly she decided it was time to tackle her weight issues, was doing so under the care of her doctor and would appreciate privacy while she did so. Even though she's in the public eye I don't believe she or anyone else in that situation should be required to share every facet of their life just because we think we have the right to know.

Did anyone else do a happy dance when Barbara announced yesterday she'd be away from The View for three weeks?

oh yeah I was happy but I am sure they will check in on her or she will call in. Gotta do more plugs.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2978086;
    I must say it amazes me that some people, even other than in this thread, are willing to put a huge halo over BW's head. Personally, I think that woman is a shark...and shark's are known to kill; she's been around as long as she has for a reason. I've never let that little demure form and voice fool me. I guess we all believe what we want.
    DOn't mistake respecting accomplishment for a halo. THey're not one in the same. I also have huge respect for Hillary Clinton for accomplishing everything she has. That doesn't mean I agree with her, nor does it mean I put a halo on her head. Thoughts on a person don't have to have only options of black or white.

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;2978574;

Did anyone else do a happy dance when Barbara announced yesterday she'd be away from The View for three weeks?
    I only watch snippets a few times during the week as I work nights and the show is on right around the time I get up but .....
    CYA

I thought that Star Jones comments about Barbara Walters new book were very mean spirited and spiteful. It's Star's way of getting back at the View. Yes, I do think Star had problems with her weight and when she finally resolved to take steps to resolve that problem she had every right to do so in private. Still there is a certain point when a short 300lb woman drops enough weight that it is very noticible and people will ask questions about how she did it. I do think perphaps that Star, who comes across as a very strong, opinionated female, was embarassed that she could not lose weight by will power alone and that is one of the reasons she did not want to say how she "did it". She did not want to admit that she had help, it would tarnish her strong independent female image. Still if at this point, because she is in the public eye, had admitted that she had a problem with this issue and had had a procedure done and it was working, she would not have gotten half the flak she did about the entire situation. She wants to appear invulnerable and we all know that is not so.

That and her constant bragging about her getting this great guy and this huge wedding. She came across as bragging and greedy, that is alright in small doses but Star did not know when to stop and it got to the point it was ridiculous. Then to find out her "perfect husband" is gay or bi and her "perfect marriage" that was the most perfect true love ever is over in 4 yrs. Through all this she never once admitted she did anything wrong or stupid or inappropriate. She sank her own ship. She justifies whatever she does and she uses her law degree as if it is her godhood. She may not like Barbara Walters but who is still on TV and who is not?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;2978574;
    I agree that she should have been honest but don't think she needed to allow viewers to be privy to every step of the process. She could have saved face by saying openly & honestly she decided it was time to tackle her weight issues, was doing so under the care of her doctor and would appreciate privacy while she did so. Even though she's in the public eye I don't believe she or anyone else in that situation should be required to share every facet of their life just because we think we have the right to know.

I wasn't suggesting that she needed to but that it would have been interesting if that's what she had done. I personally enjoy seeing updates of folks diet and weight loss adventures and their body transformations(I guess I'm a makeover fanatic - lol). I like what they're doing with Whoopie right now and am interested in following her progress. Additionally, agree that it is ones right to keep these sorts of things private if they chose to do so. I was just stating that, imo for me as a viewer, it would have been nice to follow Star's progress. Maybe had she kept her wedding plans too herself and not plugged every nauseating detail of it, but rather, gone the route of detailing her weight loss instead, the viewers would have been more receptive towards her.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2980730;
    I only watch snippets a few times during the week as I work nights and the show is on right around the time I get up but .....
    I may be in the minority, but I like when Barbara is at the table. It gives us more to talk about here, which I of course love!

Bunny555, your sig kind of made me want to say this

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Fanatic

My biggest say about BW will be that I won't be buying her book. Ick BW's love life I can think of nothing more revolting to read about. eww ewww eww

+ Reply to Thread