+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

I hated that she added zilch-o to the conversation or the group. She was a waste of a guest spot.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Elisabeth was right on today in the conversation about people needing to know what a candidate stands for instead of just voting for them based on race or gender.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2944496;
    I had not planned to go back and watch the show with "C Mac". But really wanted to see her gawdy over the top jewelry and over all boring nature.
    All I can say is DARN TiVo! By the time I got around to watching it, the editing crew must of cleaned her up. All she was wearing was a simple necklace maybe silver and pearl, a white watch on her left arm, her slim wedding band. On her lapel was a USMC pin and a very small pin signifying she has a son in active duty.
    And I timed it, she talked about herself and life for the first 10 mins.
    Lovely lady, is all I can say.
    Wow... even more want a picture posted! Not my image of rap star jewelry! Are we sure we are talking about the same woman????

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2944663;
    Elisabeth was right on today in the conversation about people needing to know what a candidate stands for instead of just voting for them based on race or gender.
    Sorry for double post, but different topic.
    For those who like what the Democrats stand for there are relatively few differences in "stands" between Obama and Clinton, so the focus goes to other issues, such as style, gender, and race. The voters know what they stand for....that's why so many have said they prefer one, but wouldn't mind voting for the other. So if E thinks the Democratic voters don't know what the candidates stand for she's out to lunch (again). What they stand for is quite different from what Republicans stand for these days (ah, for the days of the Rockefellar Republicans!), and Elisabeth will get her wish post-primary season, when it will be all issues, all the time.
    I assume here she's taking a slam at the Democrats since the Republicans aren't doing any voting worth talking about these days.

FORT Fanatic

Whenever Joy goes on and on about McCain being too old to be President I wonder what BW is thinking. She just rants on how he is soooo old. How old is BW??? Geeze! There are plenty of people in government older than him doing a fine job.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;2944845;
    Whenever Joy goes on and on about McCain being too old to be President I wonder what BW is thinking. She just rants on how he is soooo old. How old is BW??? Geeze! There are plenty of people in government older than him doing a fine job.
    wow, i had no idea barbara was THIS old! she'll be 79 this year ...
    Barbara Walters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

john mccain will be 72.
    John McCain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What Elisabeth doesn't realise is that John McCain is probably just as likely to benefit from votes based on gender and race as Senators Clinton and Obama.
    I think it would be very naive to argue that there aren't people in the US that will vote for Senator McCain purely because he's the only white male candidate.
    I imagine those people are far less likely to be asked their voting preference and possibly far less likely to be forthcoming with their reasons for voting the way they have.
    That's not to say every person who votes for McCain is doing so because he's white and male, but not every woman who's voting for Senator Clinton is doing so because she's female.
    As Joy tried to explain to her, there will be some people, of which Joy is one, who are using the race/gender issue as a tie-breaker.
    She would be happy with Clinton or Obama, but would love to see a female President.

I think Sherri felt insulted by Elisabeth's comments yesterday, she seems angry with her refusal to really acknowledge her point that previous black candidates have not had the same success to this point that Obama has.
    Her comment about "taking off her white goggles" didn't go down too well either. Rightfully so, it was highly ignorant, imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I really liked it when Whoopi and Sherri pointed out that Elisabeth had never had to "take off her white goggles", being part of the majority that runs everything! I had forgotten all about that line!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I REALLY want the Free Erica shirt that Sherri was wearing today. It's amazing. I wonder if you can buy it on the website or something. So hysterical!!

And I'd never really heard of Kate Nash before today's show, but I thought she did a great job, I might have to go get some of her songs on iTunes now.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2947003;
    I think it would be very naive to argue that there aren't people in the US that will vote for Senator McCain purely because he's the only white male candidate.
    a couple of months ago, i heard a guy calling in to one of our local country music stations said he was voting for anyone running against obama because (and i quote him) "we don't need no colored man in the white house"

+ Reply to Thread