+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1522Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2938286;
    Anyone have a screen cap of the jewelry? Now you all have got me curious! I want to put my 2 cents in, too!
    I found video of it, but can't post a link. If you do a google search for cindy mccain the view, it should pop up.

I have to admit, after seeing it, I was a bit surprised that it was even mentioned here. I didn't see anything different from what she was wearing than what most women wear on the show - a nice costume jewelry necklace, wedding band, and watch. She had two pins on her lapel, but those were to show respect to the Marine Corp - not flashy expensive jewelry. If that was an obnoxious display of wealth, then I can't even come up with words to describe the Oscars.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

So I guess it's official - Star Jones filed for a divorce on March 26, according to Yahoo.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2917306;
    This show is always so much better when Barbara is not there.
    You said it. She is just so annoying and doesn't know what she's talking about half the time
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

I feel bad for poor Star. It is a shame that her marriage did not work out.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Today's show was blah...again. I thank Ms. Walters for that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

When the gals came out today, comments were made about Sherri's outfit. Then when she got up and did her "audition" for DWTS, I had to actually think to myself, "Is it May 5th already?"

She looked like she was ready for Cinco de Mayo!

Re: Star Jones....can't really say that was too much of a shock!

I hate when the women (seems to usually be either Sherri or Elisabeth) wear that strong pink color on that show. It really clashes with the set.

Poor Star. I don't know what she expected when she married a man whose sexuality has always been in question.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Does BW think she's the only one in North America with a television set????? Each and every time one of the hosts (or guests for that matter) brings up a subject currently in the news and begins talking about it BW feels the need to interrupt them in the middle of their comments and tell them to recap and summarize all the events, persons involved etc so the audience members and viewers at home will know what the story is about, as if we don't read the news or watch tv. Well, DUH! Yeeessh!!!

Her high and mighty, know-it-all attitude has gotten on my last nerve. I find her to be unbearable. Retire already - and take Larry King with you!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Today's show, without BW, was finally a meaty show during Hot Topics. Everybody was fully involved in the discussions without having BW there to try to change the subject or redirect the attention to herself. It was refreshing. And there was nobody stammering!!! I even enjoyed the celebrity guests today, which is unusual for me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2937535;
    I didn't say I thought it was inappropriate, I said it was tacky - I think the big gold jewellery look is incredibly tacky, whether on a rap star or on a suburban matron. Better places to spend it doesn't specifically mean charity.
    I had not planned to go back and watch the show with "C Mac". But really wanted to see her gawdy over the top jewelry and over all boring nature.
    All I can say is DARN TiVo! By the time I got around to watching it, the editing crew must of cleaned her up. All she was wearing was a simple necklace maybe silver and pearl, a white watch on her left arm, her slim wedding band. On her lapel was a USMC pin and a very small pin signifying she has a son in active duty.
    And I timed it, she talked about herself and life for the first 10 mins.
    Lovely lady, is all I can say.

+ Reply to Thread