+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

As much as I dislike Joy, I would rather see her than Babs, so does that tell you how much I can't stand her? Babs is a conversation killer when she is there.

Joy is a blast. I like her candidness.

FORT Fanatic

I loved when Joy took on the weight loss guy about walking. Walking DOES work, that's the only exercise I did and lost 30 pounds. His program has calorie restriction plus strength training - take out either one and you won't see results either. It's the combination that works (exercise + calorie restriction), not the specific exercise. Unless you're selling a book of course. Then only your method works

FORT Fogey

I was really irritated yesterday by the way that Elisabeth, and to a lesser degree Joy, deflated Whoopi's discussion about taxes. Whoopi was arguing some strong points, most of which supported Elisabeth's points of view. Instead of just going with the topic at hand, Elisabeth instantly had to make it an "us against them" McCain vs Obama/Clinton thing. And she tries to take Whoopi to task for supporting candidates who promote policies that go against her view on ONE issue? Elisabeth has said she disagrees with McCain on immigration, but still supports him. Why can't Whoopi do the same? It could have been a great discussion. But Elisabeth had to make it all about electoral competition, and Joy had to make it all about a very very teeny tiny piece of the discussion, and it went down hill from there. Oh well.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Wow, Joy sure was hot under the collar yesterday.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Joy has been a real pain this week. Perhaps she needs a vacation.

The beginning of the show was pre-empted by news coverage of The Pope in my time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;2921852;
    I loved when Joy took on the weight loss guy about walking. Walking DOES work, that's the only exercise I did and lost 30 pounds. His program has calorie restriction plus strength training - take out either one and you won't see results either. It's the combination that works (exercise + calorie restriction), not the specific exercise. Unless you're selling a book of course. Then only your method works

That annoyed me, too. My mother lost 100 pounds with diet and the only exercise was walking. Any physical activity works, just some activities take longer to lose the weight than others.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2922656;
    I was really irritated yesterday by the way that Elisabeth, and to a lesser degree Joy, deflated Whoopi's discussion about taxes. Whoopi was arguing some strong points, most of which supported Elisabeth's points of view. Instead of just going with the topic at hand, Elisabeth instantly had to make it an "us against them" McCain vs Obama/Clinton thing. And she tries to take Whoopi to task for supporting candidates who promote policies that go against her view on ONE issue? Elisabeth has said she disagrees with McCain on immigration, but still supports him. Why can't Whoopi do the same? It could have been a great discussion. But Elisabeth had to make it all about electoral competition, and Joy had to make it all about a very very teeny tiny piece of the discussion, and it went down hill from there. Oh well.
    This is how I see Elizabeth handling every political debate on this show. She turns every political discussion into a "us against them" debate. I like Joy and Whoopi's candidness. Joy may be opinionated plenty herself, but she does not turn the discussion into an embroiled debate like Elizabeth does. Once Elizabeth does turn it into a debate, then Joy joins in with her opinion, which she has a right to air.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2923935;
    This is how I see Elizabeth handling every political debate on this show. She turns every political discussion into a "us against them" debate. I like Joy and Whoopi's candidness. Joy may be opinionated plenty herself, but she does not turn the discussion into an embroiled debate like Elizabeth does. Once Elizabeth does turn it into a debate, then Joy joins in with her opinion, which she has a right to air.
    I make a distinction between political discussions, and issue discussions. The issue discussions certainly have political links, but to me are more about ideas than about specific candidates. I don't have a problem with political discussions being focused on us against them. But to me, intelligent issue discussions are something different. You can be in favor of a flat tax, for example, and still be a staunch Democrat because of 33 other issues.

Whether political or issue discussions, she usually turns it into a debate though..and a heated one, at that.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread