+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1627Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fanatic

Re: The View

Seriously?!? I'm watching it now (gotta love my Tivo), still near the beginning but had to comment on Barbara's stupidity. They're talking about the FLDS compound in Texas where 400+ kids are now in foster care. And she's like "they can't keep that (sex abuse) kind of thing hidden" and "if you were the neighbours wouldn't you call it in?" HELLO! It's a compound in the middle of nowhere where the entire town is comprised of church members. So no, the neighbour wouldn't call the outside world and report anything especially when they have their own police force, their own doctors, their own everything. It's a closed society. You'd think for a news anchor she'd have the facts before spouting her opinion.

And the other three didn't even pick up on it. So, seriously!?!?

Would it kill Whoopi to dress up a little when presidential candidates are on the show???????? All of the other ladies at least dress up a little. I noticed it with Obama. Then I noticed it again with McCain yesterday. One of these men could very well be the next president of the United States and she is sitting there in blue jeans interviewing him?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I know what you mean, but they are trying to get her vote....she is not trying to get theirs. I rather appreciate her being exactly whom she is, and not trying to people please. Whomever the next president is will be working for her...and us. He's our employee.

Elisabeth had a hilarious "Is my face red?" moment today. Loved it when she stood up to applaud and welcome Chris Rock's mother, who was already sitting on the couch! That was probably one of the best moments on that show...EVER!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

prhoshay, I totally agree with you re: Whoopi's outfit when McCain was there. He actually made a joke about it (something like: I'm glad to see you got dressed up for me), and I thought it was funny. All in all, I thought it was a good interview...pretty laid-back, and I liked the questions they asked.

And about today's show with Mrs. Rock and Elisabeth being surprised...that was hysterical! This is why I like live TV! She actually kind of appeared out of nowhere for me, too.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Wonder how she snuck in there and Elisabeth didn't see her?? Can't you just imagine how embarrassed you'd be if that happened to you?? I know I'd be overcome with the interminable giggles!! Just carry me off the stage, please!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I went back and watched Elisabeth's "whoopsie" again, and everybody was cracking up...even Mama Rock...but Barbara was extremely hesitant to even crack a smile. What was with that?? Maybe she was in a senile, "lights are on but nobody's home" moment?

I thought that was a really funny moment. Babs was rather sour-faced about it though.
    I honestly don't think she cares for Elisabeth at all, despite her regular assurances that they all love each other.
    I thought that was a nice, light-hearted moment and everyone else on the panel clearly got a kick out of it, except Barbara.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I think it reflected that Barbara is an old-school broadcaster. She is still of a mindset that if mistakes are made, you do everything you can to cover them up and hope no one notices.

This show is always so much better when Barbara is not there.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2917306;
    This show is always so much better when Barbara is not there.
    The day she announces her retirement from this show (better chance of getting struck by lightening five times than it happening) will be a great day indeed. Personally, if I never laid eyes on her, or heard the sound of her ever-so annoying voice again it would be too soon.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread