+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1310Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2902669;
    I have not ever seen Elisabeth claim to know it all. The one on the panel who comes across as unwilling to admit they don't know it all is Whoopi. She is quite condescending when it comes to others opinions.
    I think that depends on the topic. THere are some things Whoopi is very passionate about that she is definitely a know-it-all who has her facts wrong some of the time. But there are other subjects where I've seen her very willing to admit that she doesn't know all the facts, but either has general opinions or will reserve judgement unitl learning more.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2901022;
    Poor Elisabeth has problems understanding that age tends to equate with life experience. Maybe we all did, but I'm not sure we all argued these kinds of points with such vehemence. There comes a point in time when you should admit that maybe you don't really know it all.
    Exactly. Elizabeth doesn't debate diplomatically. Just my opinion.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Let's face it....our current president is joke-worthy, and Joy doesn't skip an opportunity. It's the American way. Works for me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2902967;
    Let's face it....our current president is joke-worthy, and Joy doesn't skip an opportunity. It's the American way. Works for me!
    Apparently it's also the Canadian way . There don't seem to be many up here with anything positive to say about the man. And feel free to bash Harper in retaliation - no skin off of my nose.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

That was great they were all into eating Trisha's food. Well except for Elisabeth (big surprise)

Anyone see Rosie on Martha yesterday? She was asked about The View and she said she couldn't handle not being the boss and having people tell her what to say and do. The cake was when she said there was this little Republican who scared her.

FORT Fogey

Elisabeth can't just eat whatever food is put on the table. Have you forgotten that she has the wheat/gluten allergy disease?

I would have thought the ribs would have been ok for her to eat, although even if I weren't a non-meat eater I'm not sure I'd have wanted to eat barbeque ribs at that time of the morning.
    I think Elisabeth has a few body issues. I'm not going to put forward any evidence for this, I'm just going to leave the comment dangling out there because I really don't want to get into a discussion about it, it's just a feeling I have based on some of the comments she's made over the years.

I know they have addressed the issue somewhat in the past, but I think having two people on the panel who have to watch what they eat, Elisabeth due to her Celliac (sp) disease and Sherri because of her diabetes, I think it would be interesting if they devoted some time to cooking for people with allergies, illness or intolerances to certain foods, particularly as this seems to be on the rise.
    When I was at school I knew one boy with a peanut allergy, now at my son's schools they have peanut-free classrooms because so many children are allergic.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I have a friend who has the same disease as Elisabeth and she can't eat many dressings or sauces. It was a fun segment and the most relaxed I have seen Whoopi during an interview in a long time.

I'm surprised no one has commented on today's show. I didn't notice the fidgeting Obama did until they showed that clip of Leno. It cracked me up. Then when McCain came out and did it on demand I about lost it.

It was a pretty good show. I'm glad Joy didn't sit with her bitch face on, I was afraid she would. They asked good questions and I think he did a good job answering. I can't wait until we get a final Dem nominee so we can get down to debates and such.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

FORT Fan

i thought Barbara looked as if she had been crying.

+ Reply to Thread