+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

What'd you all think of Obama's appearance today? I thought they all had a good opportunity to ask him questions, and they also asked him some really good ones. I loved how at the end Whoopi said into the camera that McCain should come on the show too!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I thought it was a great show. My only problem is that I think they should have forgone hot topics and made the whole hour about him.

I wish McCain would come on as well. They've already had Clinton so McCain would round out the top contenders.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

Has Clinton been on as a candidate? I know she's been onto promote books and stuff, but by the way they were saying at the end that they hope HIllary comes on as well, I got the impression that she had not been on in that format as a candidate. It would surprise me if John McCain does not go on the show by November. It seems like THe View is going to be the mandatory "women" stop for candidates this year instead of Oprah.

The parts of the interview that I enjoyed the most were the parts (especially early in it) where we really got to see Obama's personality and humor. I was glad that Joy and Sherri said the least - that was appropriate. I was also glad that Barbara brought up the Imus comparison to Rev. Wright. I would have asked the question in a different manner (touching on the call for judging the full man with Wright, when Obama didn't do that with Imus) but I was glad to see it covered.

I do have to say though, I was sorry that Whoopi couldn't wear something other than jeans. It was obvious that every woman on the show was dressed for it being a special show. She didn't have to wear a nice dress like the rest of them -- but couldn't she have just worn black pants???

Yes, Hilary Clinton was on as a candidate. I think Mitt was still in the race and she was the front runner at the time.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

Well, I did not like Obama before the appearance and like him even less now. He gives off a very smarmy vibe IMO.

I can't help but think that he would still be thick as thieves with the "Rev." if the media had not gotten hold of the information that they did. If he truely did not like the things that were being preached by him, he would have willingly distanced himself a long time ago.

FORT Fan

I thought it was pretty cheap of Barbara to use a good half an hour of the View to promote her other special on age.

FORT Fogey

The ladies sure were rude to the former pimp that they had on the show today. I guess the rest of the week there are repeats.

They really were pretty rude, imo.
    I know he had a very unsavoury job and is now trying to exploit his connection to Spitzer's prostitute for all he's worth, but they barely let the guy speak.
    He was full of it though. I can't remember the exact phrase he used, but he claimed to be trying to "show the beauty" of Spitzer's girl, whose name I can't for the life of me remember.
    I don't think that goal will be accomplished by going on the Howard Stern show.
    He was clearly pretty graphic when describing her talents there as he couldn't repeat what he said.

It was pimping all round today. If they weren't talking about pimping prostitutes they were actually pimping Barbara's latest special.
    I thought today's show was one of the worst for a long while and that's saying a lot considering the trainwreck this show has become.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I think that they made a really big mistake having that guy on the show just a couple of episodes after they had Lisa Ling on talking about her special. While his kind of pimping and the issues that Lisa Ling were talking about both fall under the umbrella of prostitution, they have about as much in common as a McDonald's hamburger and a meal from Le Bernadin. I got the impression that the women were coming at the discussion from the point of view that Lisa had presented, which he was NOT expecting.

that was a strange guest to have on, I'm sure that pimp guy didn't contact them to be on the show, they booked him and i thought Sherry was going to hit him and the faces they were making ;but he knew what he was getting into and handled it well considering.

+ Reply to Thread