+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1426Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fanatic

Re: The View

I understand what Whoopi means about reacting to racism, but that still doesn't make it right. When do we stop reacting to what was done to our ancestors and live our own lives? When do we stop assuming that those of a different race will treat us a certain way because we were treated unfairly by other persons of that race? Why should I be punished for what others of my race have done? When will we stand up, say enough, and start treating everyone as an individual instead of as a representative of their race, sex or ethnicity?

This is a thread for the show rather than for people's opinions about any of the issued covered on the show in general.
    Current Events would be a better place for a discussion about racism.
    Last edited by fluff; 03-26-2008 at 11:17 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2867473;

As to Elizabeth, she is a typical dumb neocon mouthpiece spouting right wing rhetoric without filtering it through a working brain, who hides behind fake moralistic talking points and regurgitates them like an automaton on crack. I find her to be a shallow, small minded, hypocritical, none too intelligent malevolent little foot soldier and nothing that she says could make me respect her or someone like her. Nothing anybody says would ever make a difference with Elizabeth because I suspect she just doesn't have the necessary moral compass - and I don't mean moral in the I'm-guided-by-the-bible-and-Jesus-be-praised way - to see right from wrong.
    Now tell us how you REALLY feel.

Well put. I agree wholeheartedly. I quit watching The View because of her.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Well said, MsFroggy.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fogey

Today's episode of The View was a great one. They carried on some good conversations without drowning each other out.

And how sweet was it when Whoopi got up and gave Elisabeth a hug? I just love it when the ladies get along.

The only lowspot of the show to me though was Barbara. I feel that she jsut kills the normal flow of conversation.

FORT Fanatic

i was happy to find out today was all hot topics. and then...barbara. i put it on mute when she hogs the discussion. actually i do the same with bitsy too.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2867473;
    As to Elizabeth, she is a typical dumb neocon mouthpiece spouting right wing rhetoric without filtering it through a working brain, who hides behind fake moralistic talking points and regurgitates them like an automaton on crack. I find her to be a shallow, small minded, hypocritical, none too intelligent malevolent little foot soldier and nothing that she says could make me respect her or someone like her. Nothing anybody says would ever make a difference with Elizabeth because I suspect she just doesn't have the necessary moral compass - and I don't mean moral in the I'm-guided-by-the-bible-and-Jesus-be-praised way - to see right from wrong.
    !!! Very well said! I don't even think Elizabeth's husband would even put up with her if she didn't do her kegel exercises, couldn't use her repetive speeches to bore him into a good night's sleep and she didn't go away every morning to do the show after throwing him a tasty doggie biscuit !

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2870087;
    The only lowspot of the show to me though was Barbara. I feel that she jsut kills the normal flow of conversation.
    That's because she won't shut her damned mouth and let anyone else finish a sentence. One of the hosts can be making a point and just getting to the juicy part and THAT'S when Ms. Rubber-lips decides to cut them off to make her irrelevant opinion which is more oft than not, not even related to the original point the other host was making. And enough with the Gabriel Burne fixation already. Nobody cares. Geesh

She almost makes this show UNBEARABLE to watch when she's on.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

I think the other problem with Barbara being part of the panel is that the other women (rightfully so) can't help but talk to her as their boss, and not just another panelist. The discussion about Chelsea Clinton was a perfect example. Whoopi was a class act recognizing what a classy and thoughtful thing it was for Elisabeth to call her. Barbara was trying to join in and do the same thing. But in the way she did it (saying she wouldn't know how to call Chelsea) Elisabeth couldn't help but see it as her boss saying it. So she's left in a position where she has to sacrifice herself to boost up her boss. The required sucking up, whether it is outright required or just implied, changes the tone of a discussion to make it all about Barbara.

FORT Fogey

That's a good point Veruka. As EP of the show and their boss, the ladies do have to treat Babs differently than their fellow panelists. If they annoy her, she can choose not to renew their contracts.

+ Reply to Thread