+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2867053;
    "Barry" was basing his comments on how (he says) he saw his grandmother act while in his youth. This was in the 60's and 70's IN HAWAII! You canNOT compare that to the "streets" of any other large city.
    I'm thinking maybe Hillary and Barry were running from the same sniper fire!
    Are you implying that BARACK is lying for political reasons? I hope you do realize that he mentioned those incidents with his grandmother in his first book. He wrote the book before he ever decided to run for office. He was offered the opportunity to write it after becoming the first black president of Harvard Law.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2867265;
    Jerry Falwell is no longer with us, so he could not have possibly been an active member of McCain's campaign.

And actually, Joy brings up Clinton's misdeeds more than Elisabeth.
    What about Rev Hagee? He is a vile human being and he has endorsed McCain. I even read that McCain sought out the endorsement.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;2867443;
    I can't wait for Obama to be on the show on Friday. Regardless of the show being taped that day, I still think it should be a very interesting interview to see, especially after all the political debates The View ladies have had so far this year. Hopefully Elisabeth will speak up!
    Oh Elisabeth is too chicken to repeat the Fox News trash to his face.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2867473;
    As to Elizabeth, she is a typical dumb neocon mouthpiece spouting right wing rhetoric without filtering it through a working brain, who hides behind fake moralistic talking points and regurgitates them like an automaton on crack. I find her to be a shallow, small minded, hypocritical, none too intelligent malevolent little foot soldier and nothing that she says could make me respect her or someone like her. Nothing anybody says would ever make a difference with Elizabeth because I suspect she just doesn't have the necessary moral compass - and I don't mean moral in the I'm-guided-by-the-bible-and-Jesus-be-praised way - to see right from wrong.

OUCH! LOL

I find the argument that people who don't have insurance are not doing everything they possibly can for their children simply revolting and stomach turning, especially in light of the current cost of healthcare and the predatory policies of big insurance companies who operate for profit on the back of the sick. Instead of ranting and raving against big pharma companies and scam insurance companies who charge $50 for an aspirin in the emergency room and up to hundreds for a single pill of certain life-sustaining medications, some people who sit comfortably with their employer provided insurance, that they only pay a fraction for and probably wouldn't be able to afford otherwise either, see it fit to deride the less fortunate instead. Such shortsightedness and blind denial just astonishes me.
    Well said, MsFroggy.

I can't wait to see Obama on Friday. It should be a good interview.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

I find the argument that people who don't have insurance are not doing everything they possibly can for their children simply revolting and stomach turning, especially in light of the current cost of healthcare and the predatory policies of big insurance companies who operate for profit on the back of the sick. Instead of ranting and raving against big pharma companies and scam insurance companies who charge $50 for an aspirin in the emergency room and up to hundreds for a single pill of certain life-sustaining medications, some people who sit comfortably with their employer provided insurance, that they only pay a fraction for and probably wouldn't be able to afford otherwise either, see it fit to deride the less fortunate instead. Such shortsightedness and blind denial just astonishes me.
    In fairness to the pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies, and health care providers, I find the claim that prices set for medications, procedures, and care are as arbitrary as they're being presented here to be rather revolting too. It is just as inaccurate as it is for Elisabeth to claim that only bad parents don't buy health insurance for their kids. For as long as the opposing position is villified, whether its on The View or in any other public forum, there won't be much progress made on the issue.
    Last edited by Veruka; 03-25-2008 at 05:08 PM.

MsFroggy, you have never been more correct about anything. Kudos.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

I find Elisabeth to be totally the opposite of the things that were said about her by Ms Froggy.

Elisabeth is a person I would love to meet and I feel confident that she is just as wonderful in person as she is on air. She is beautiful, smart, articulate and well educated.

I'd just like to remind everyone that they are welcome to say whatever they want about the show participants, but leave comments about other posters out of it.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What I heard said was that the minorities were reacting to the racism that they had experienced from the majority for hundreds of years, and that reacting was understandable. And do you still hear/see the reactions today? Of course you do. Like Whoopi indicated, this country was built on racism, and people are still reacting because it's never been dealt with. I thought Barack gave one of the most honest, upfront speeches that has ever been given. And did it make a bunch of people uncomfortable? You better believe it did! Not talking about a subject does not make it go away. It's like trying to ignore the "elephant in the room".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread