+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 1117 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849891395391039 ... LastLast
Like Tree1518Likes

Thread: The View

Quote Originally Posted by britty05 View Post
    Newest person thrown into the mix to replace Star (according to Access Hollywood): Deborah Roberts (wife of Al Roker and correspondent on 20/20).....Now I do like her and would probably check it out if she's on. I think she'd be the best choice for moderator given her journalism background. I just don't know how her personality would mesh with the others. Poor thing probably would never be able to get a word in, except for in the opening bit.

Cruel, funny and true.
    I really like Deborah and would probably watch for a while to see if Rosie steam rolled right over her, too. I hope the Gayle King rumor is incorrect. I don't care for her and I'm afraid that Oprah would be on there a lot just to make sure everyone knows how important that Gayle is. I wouldn't like that.

I heard more news today about 'The View'. The sources are saying that the announcement will be made this week that Star Jones is leaving the show.

The Gayle King rumor has even more fire to it now. On the official site for 'The View', Oprah Winfrey is listed as a guest for Friday's show. Oprah has never been on 'The View' before, and she hardly ever does talk shows unless she has big news. It seems as if she is appearing on the show to announce Gayle being added to 'The View'.

I was watching tonight's episode of Entertainment Tonight, and Gayle King was on there talking about Oprah, and I realized even more how I really don't want her to be a new co-host, but it looks as if that's what's going to happen. I'll be watching Friday to see what happens.

Isn't Gayle already working for Oprah. Doesn't she run the O Magazine? The day to day? Like head of Operations? Which I suspect pays alot more than The View.

And from past things I have read... Oprah is suppose to be a close friend of Star Jones. And I thought Oprah was out doing PR for her upcoming "Legends" tv special that is airing next week.

I am just kind of stun Gail would even consider sitting in with that group of hens. Especially since Rosie is going to be there.

I just consider Gail alot more intelligent than those women and would be driven mad by them within 30 minutes. But there again... she has been around Oprah for decades with Oprah finishing her sentence's. (which is a pet peave of mine... I hate how Oprah will not let people she is close to finish their own thoughts when they are on her show.)

Quote Originally Posted by realityINXS View Post
    I heard more news today about 'The View'. The sources are saying that the announcement will be made this week that Star Jones is leaving the show.

The Gayle King rumor has even more fire to it now. On the official site for 'The View', Oprah Winfrey is listed as a guest for Friday's show. Oprah has never been on 'The View' before, and she hardly ever does talk shows unless she has big news. It seems as if she is appearing on the show to announce Gayle being added to 'The View'.

I was watching tonight's episode of Entertainment Tonight, and Gayle King was on there talking about Oprah, and I realized even more how I really don't want her to be a new co-host, but it looks as if that's what's going to happen. I'll be watching Friday to see what happens.
    Oprah is supposed to be out doing the talk show rounds for her LEGENDS BALL special.

Quote Originally Posted by realityINXS View Post

Gayle was asked about this by an Access Hollywood correspondent at an event which she attended on Monday evening and denied the rumors. She said no one has contacted her about a job at The View. She said she was honored that her name was being thrown out there but there's no truth to it. She also said she was quite happy with her current job (running O Magazine) and had no intentions of leaving. As others have said, Oprah will be on The View this Friday to promote her 2-hr Legends Ball special (which occured last Summer/Fall?) which is set to air on ABC on Monday May 23rd.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

awww so Star Jones is really leaving cause of Rosie? lol

I actually liked Star Jones...i especially liked the View when Lisa Ling(?) was on it...i dont think i can watch it now that Meridith and Star are leaving...im not a big fan of Barbara, Joy and whoever else is left lol

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I always tie Oprah's Legends Ball with Spring. Everybody was outside, weren't they? That was a pretty cool event.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I always tie Oprah's Legends Ball with Spring. Everybody was outside, weren't they? That was a pretty cool event.
    It wasn't in the spring.... but it was outdoors in a HUGE covered tent. I believe it was yet another Colin Cowie extravaganza.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I assumed the Ball was last Summer or early Fall as TomKat was there and I think it was before they announced Katie's pregnancy.....Funny that I'm using TomKat as barometer for when something occured.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

Is anyone watching today? I may just have to turn this crap off. Oprah for president? I hardly THINK so.
    Last edited by Muduh; 05-12-2006 at 11:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread