+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1318Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2836299;
    Hasn't been mentioned here yet. Star is getting divorced.
    Doesn't surprise me.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

FORT Fogey

EH was for Huckabee not Romney. I paid close attention to her during those days to see which way she leaned. She was never a Romney supporter, other then he is a Republican.

I remember her stating that she liked Romney though. But as soon as he dropped out, she shut her mouth. Now it's McCain all the way!

I think I got most of today's hot topics before the show was pre-empted with the Spitzer resignation.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2836923;
    I remember her stating that she liked Romney though. But as soon as he dropped out, she shut her mouth. Now it's McCain all the way!
    Exactly. I don't care who she supports, but there was little doubt in my mind she was leaning toward Romney in the early stages.

EH was for Huckabee not Romney. I paid close attention to her during those days to see which way she leaned. She was never a Romney supporter, other then he is a Republican.
    I disagree with your interpretation of her comments.
    I don't think she ever stated a clear favourite and frankly I wouldn't expect her to because I firmly believe she doesn't like to be seen as backing anyone other than the winner.
    So I would expect her to hold off until the nomination was won.
    She had positive comments to say about all of the Republican candidates, but the impression I got was that Romney's policies and opinions lined up more closely with her own and he'd be her choice. Obviously, her behaviour and comments were open to interpretation.

As I said, I don't care who she votes for or who she supports, but given her comments about the suitability of adulterers to be President I would be interested to hear how she reconciles that with supporting McCain.
    Last edited by fluff; 03-12-2008 at 05:28 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan

Did anybody see in the magazines last week. They said Kate Hudson had been seen flirting with Tim H. I'm sure EH believed none of it.

I know this is awfully mean of me, but whenever she gets on her high horse about fidelity and the sanctity of marriage etc., I just keep thinking...."Just wait, sistah, until you are walking in them there shoes." Hey, it could happen, right?

Look at Sherri.....her husband had an affair, she took him back, only to be cheated on again.

I don't know what the scoop on Joy's divorce was....was it her or him who left the marriage?

Whoopi, has she ever been married or did she just live with her men?

Babs, I don't even want to know! The visions!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78;2837544;
    Did anybody see in the magazines last week. They said Kate Hudson had been seen flirting with Tim H. I'm sure EH believed none of it.
    They also said Kate Hudson had re-united with Owen Wilson. And hooked up with Justin Timberlake. And was reconciling with Chris Robinson. Kate is either a very busy girl, or else some of those reports are wrong. I read that the reports were that Tim and Kate were flirting in LA, but that Tim was categorically, absolutely,positively in New York at the time, so it was clearly a case of mistaken identity.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2839170;
    I know this is awfully mean of me, but whenever she gets on her high horse about fidelity and the sanctity of marriage etc., I just keep thinking...."Just wait, sistah, until you are walking in them there shoes." Hey, it could happen, right?
    It definitely could.
    Tim's not with a team right now, but I imagine during his career he's had opportunities. I don't like to think of anyone cheating on their partner so I hope he didn't do so and my gut feeling is that he probably never has.
    He's not the best looking guy I've ever seen and clearly not the best football player ever, but pro sportsmen attract hangers-on.
    I bet there were women at the doors of the hotels where they teams he's been on were staying only too eager to add a pro footballer to the notches on their bed posts.

There are times when Elisabeth's reaction to other people commiting adultery is so visceral I do wonder whether her life has been affected by cheating in the past. Perhaps not cheating on her directly, but maybe a marriage within her extended family has been ruined because one party cheated.
    All speculation on my part.

On a shallow level, I did like Babs' hair yesterday.
    The wispy, curled look suited her I think.
    I was irritated that Joy "outed" Sherri about voting for Senator Clinton.
    I'm neither black nor American and I feel proud at what Senator Obama has achieved. No offense meant to the US public, but I didn't think enough people would be willing to vote for a black candidate to allow him to make it this far into a Presidential campaign as a genuine contender, at least for his party's nomination.
    As a black female Sherri can be proud of him, but also vote for Clinton.
    Joy blurting out who Sherri voted for was out of order, imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

There are certainly some parallels between Elisabeth and Tim and Kathie Lee and Frank Gifford. Obnoxious TV personality that is adamant about the strength of her marriage and outspokenly opposed to infidelity, and the football player husband. For that reason, I'd guess the temptations that are there for Tim stem both from his profession, and a desire to "get" Elisabeth. That absolutely does not mean that Tim will give in to temptation in the same way that Frank did. But I'd venture to guess that if he ever did, it would be made as public with as much solid confirmation as happened to Frank. And for that reason, I would tend to doubt any rumors about Tim that did not come with as much solid confirmation as we got with Frank Gifford.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know, when you decide to marry/seriously involve yourself with someone, you put yourself in line for the risk of your spouse cheating on you (or vice versa)...and it would appear to be a pretty significant risk. I've watched enough Animal Kingdom to see where this replication of the male primal urge comes from. Humans are blessed with the ability to choose to act or not to act, but I still see that brain thing working in (since I am female) men. And this is a worldwide phenomenon, not just an American one, I see brain and hormones at work like in the animal kingdom. The males are programmed to spread their seed as much as they can, as in survival of the species, and the females usually just sit back and accept what is.... without a second thought. Every now and then, though...the females creep out and do their own thing, too...which makes me applaud!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread