+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Ugh, Elisabeth was in full church lady mode this morning discussing Spitzer's affair.
    Cheaters are bad parents and unsuitable to be the Commander in Chief according to Elisabeth, yet now he's won the Republican nomination she's referring to McCain as her man despite the fact he's a self-confessed adulterer.
    Do Republicans get a pass where infidelity is concerned as long as they make her feel safe?

Is there some kind of moratorium on discussing McCain's infidelity on the show?
    Elisabeth said that was a 'deal-breaker' for her yesterday when selecting a candidate, but no one broached the subject of McCain's past indiscretions (doesn't matter how long ago they were, Elisabeth has many times stated 'once a cheater always a cheater').
    I don't advocate dragging McCain's name though the mud because he cheated on his wife, he's openly admitted to more than one affair, but it would seem relevant to the discussion when Elisabeth specifically states that's a deal-breaker for her yet supports McCain.
    I assume this means they don't know about his past or for whatever reason have decided not to talk about it.
    Last edited by fluff; 03-11-2008 at 04:13 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2834794;
    Ugh, Elisabeth was in full church lady mode this morning discussing Spitzer's affair.
    Cheaters are bad parents and unsuitable to be the Commander in Chief according to Elisabeth, yet now he's won the Republican nomination she's referring to McCain as her man despite the fact he's a self-confessed adulterer.
    Do Republicans get a pass where infidelity is concerned as long as they make her feel safe?
    Do you really think Elisabeth has delved into McCain's story enough to know that he's a self-confessed aulterer?

I really had to laugh at all of the women yesterday when they were talking about the qualities in a candidate that will do him or her in for each of them. All of them were having to work so hard to come up with a way of raising the bar to quality people, without eliminating specific examples that they're on record as supporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2834803;
    Do you really think Elisabeth has delved into McCain's story enough to know that he's a self-confessed aulterer?
    I doubt it. You'd think someone at the table would know though, it's hardly a secret at this point.
    Perhaps she could do some of her famous research.
    I'm still waiting for the findings of her delve into the allegations about the treatment soldiers were receiving at Walter Reed that stemmed from a discussion with Rosie.
    She was on team Romney until he dropped out of the race.
    She now waves the pom-poms for McCain as if she'd never heard of Mitt.
    Elisabeth clearly likes to be on the winning side.
    She seems to lead her life as though it's one big competition.
    Last edited by fluff; 03-11-2008 at 04:21 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

She also seemed totally clueless about the anger management, or lack thereof, pertaining to McCain. Maybe the news shows she watches did not air the latest interaction with the press on board that plane?

FORT Fanatic

What I found funny about Elisabeth's indignation was her insistence that the senator AND the hooker were both at fault for adultery. HE's the married one who broke his vows. The hooker didn't promise his wife anything, he hired her.

I completely agree with Whoopi, why waste the resources on cracking down on prostitution? If it's between consensual adults who cares? Making it legal and regulating it will go much farther than trying to eradicate it. If someone's looking to cheat they won't care if it's legal or not.

Elisabeth's support of McCain is completely laughable. I love how she's fully researched on the faults of every candidate but the one she supports and how dare any of the panel point them out. They're just being mean and picking on her.

this is not even political .. E* always gets emotional at just the thought of men cheating on their wives/ so's

she doesn't even think that her husband ever looked at another woman or have dirty thoughts

btw, she doesn't give anyone a pass when it comes to infidelity (her worst nightmare)... but who is she going to support? H/O doesn't fall in line with her side of the isle in terms of policies so who does one expect her to support politically

i watch this show when i get a chance because i find the body language amusing ...i think you can teach a class on just the body language; BW's body language has been atrocious towards E* it's not even funny... E* needs to get out her contract

if BW doesn't want her to speak...she shouldn't have hired her. like i been saying E* should be quiet and not respond to any topic for like a week and agree with everything they say that will add a nice lil twist to the show and social experiment at the same time. She should patronize and be sarcatic towards Joy/BW as much as possible and just basically flip everthing back on them.

she needs someone to coach her

Hasn't been mentioned here yet. Star is getting divorced.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

btw, she doesn't give anyone a pass when it comes to infidelity (her worst nightmare)... but who is she going to support? H/O doesn't fall in line with her side of the isle in terms of policies so who does one expect her to support politically
    I'd expect her to support McCain because her outrage at infidelity only appears to extend to Democrats, just like her call for complete disclosure of personal details from those running for the Presidency, while George Bush should be able to give details of his battle with alcohol "when he feels comfortable".
    If she's aware of McCain's past, (and I tend to think she isn't) then imo it speaks to her lack of core values. She simply wants to back a winner, hence her switch from Romney to McCain when the former started to slip in the primaries.
    I wouldn't expect Joy to back a Republican just as I wouldn't expect Elisabeth to back a Democrat, but considering Elisabeth's obvious issues when it comes to other people's adultery it's incongruous for her to suppport McCain when she sat at the table and stated infidelity is a deal-breaker for her.
    She can barely contain her fury whenever adultery is mentioned so I'd like to see how she squares away her support of McCain with his admitted past of more than one affair while married to his first wife.
    I feel fairly certain she'd still support him because she's clearly paranoid about her safety "in a time of war" and thinks only he (or whichever Republican had won the nomination) can protect her, even though adulterers acccording to her will have their mind on their next score rather than the Presidency.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2836299;
    For real? Has it been confirmed anywhere? I thought it was just a rumour.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2836299;

where's the news story?

googling now...

+ Reply to Thread