+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1628Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;2812321;
    I loved that part too! It was a really touching moment. I know some people think that the women may not get along behind the scenes, but I've never really thought that and this is evidence of why. I want to go back and watch it again now.
    I'm a guy and I still teared up when she went around the table and thanked each of them. It wasn't just the thanking that choked me up, it was how you could tell Whoopi did feel hurt, but tried hard to hide it and really appreciated how her cohosts backed her up. When she said "this makes up for it" in an emotionally strained voice you could really feel it.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I too was touched and teared up when Whoopi went around the table and hugged each of her co-hosts. I thought it was a rare, but nice meaningful moment in light of all the usual bickering that goes on.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;2812512;
    I too was touched and teared up when Whoopi went around the table and hugged each of her co-hosts. I thought it was a rare, but nice meaningful moment in light of all the usual bickering that goes on.
    I agree. I would love to know what she whispered into BW's ear.

toothdoc

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Today, I rewatched that segment of the show, and I noticed that Whoopi got choked up when she thanked them for acknowledging her. That's when I almost lost it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It got to me, too. The way Whoopi was just looking at her lap makes me think she was fighting back the tears when they were talking about it.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

She was definitely fighting back tears, it was really sweet. The next day, she acknowledged the fact that she'd gotten an apology call as well, which was nice of her to do, very mature of her. This is why I like live TV.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I give up. When did celebrity rehab become an issue for hot topics? That was a couch discussion, if ever there was one.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What's the difference b/w them sitting at the table or on the couch? You think it's more boring if they're sitting around the table? I don't see the logic there...

I liked Dr. Drew's appearance, and also Geraldo's. Sometimes I think the interviews where they're sitting around the table are more conducive to debate and letting everyone get a word in, rather than the couches where they all sit in a straight line.

Benjamin Franklin.

Maybe it was just me, but I found the special on the Royals last night a huge snooze fest.

Side note: if anyone enjoyed the bowling clip as much as I did, they recently posted the whole segment on the website. It's really funny if you didn't get to see it yet

Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread