+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1545Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2803487;
    My take on the skin colour issue is that stupidity doesn't film well. Just a thought.
    I noticed Joys color to be fine.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sherri looked better today than she has looked in several days. It definitely looks like a make-up/lighting issue to me based on the gradual improvements over the last couple of days.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Way to go Elisabeth today pointing out to Whoopi how often she cuts people off, but demands they all listen to her!!!!! I'm thinking Whoopi recognized that Elisabeth was right since she was left silent!

There was an audible groan from the audience when Elisabeth made her (imo) childish remark.
    I don't think Whoopi thought Elisabeth was right at all. I think she thought she was incredibly juvenile, as did the audience.
    No one gets to take the highground when it comes to interupting, they all do it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I would agree that the tone of Elisabeth's response was childish. But the point behind it was true, and it was high time tha someone said it to Whoopi.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2804595;
    There was an audible groan from the audience when Elisabeth made her (imo) childish remark.
    I don't think Whoopi thought Elisabeth was right at all. I think she thought she was incredibly juvenile, as did the audience.
    No one gets to take the highground when it comes to interupting, they all do it.
    I liked how BW put her arm around Elisabeth like a mother does her child. I kind of wanted to stick a pacifier in Elisabeth's mouth. You know, things just go better during hot topics when BW is not there.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2803487;
    My take on the skin colour issue is that stupidity doesn't film well. Just a thought.
    Amen to that.

I kind of wanted to stick a pacifier in Elisabeth's mouth.
    If only we could find one that she couldn't spit out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2804606;
    I liked how BW put her arm around Elisabeth like a mother does her child. I kind of wanted to stick a pacifier in Elisabeth's mouth. You know, things just go better during hot topics when BW is not there.
    I went back to watch "the incident" again after Fluff's mention of the groans. Watching it again, I think it was Barbara putting her arm around Elisabeth that provoked the remark. Re-watching it, I don't think Elisabeth's comment was directed exclusively to Whoopi. Whoopi was telling her not to interrupt, but I think Elisabeth was pointing out that Barbara had cut her (Elisabeth) off, not Whoopi. Barbara put her arm around Elisabeth, making her feel like a child, and that is when she snapped. Barbara retracted her arm, made a face, and that is when the audience groaned.

So she wasn't accsuing Whoopi of cutting her off - just making the point that all of them get cutoff quite a bit, so Whoopi shouldn't demand any sort of special treatment the rest of them don't get.

There's no doubt that at times, Whoopi, Joy, and Babs treat both Elisabeth and Sherri as the "children" of the panel. If they're treated that way, I don't think it can come as a surprise when they act that way.

FORT Fogey

Whoopi really bugs me when she starts demanding for the others to "let her finish." None of them let each other finish, why should she be treated any differently?

Elisabeth does not act childish at all.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Lord, I cannot STAND BW! The mere sight of her annoys the hell out of me. She's forever cutting the other hosts off so that she can make one of her irrelevent statements.

The day she announces her retirement (i.e., NEVER!) will a great moment indeed.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread