+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I don't blame Hillary at all either. I have an issue with the way NBC handled it - and the double standard they've established. I have no problem at all with a parent being protective of his or her child, regardless of the child's age.

I see that Kathleen Turner is going to be on tomorrow. I caught the intro to her appearance on the Today show but never saw it, but apparently she wrote some tell-all book called "Send Yourself Roses." I think she should be a very juicy guest for the show! And Barbara never shies away from asking personal questions, so hopefully we'll get some dirt

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Is it just me, or is Sherri's face and neck a different color than her chest? Maybe it's my television. Her face looks to have a darkish, gray hue while her chest looks brown.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2799730;
    Is it just me, or is Sherri's face and neck a different color than her chest? Maybe it's my television. Her face looks to have a darkish, gray hue while her chest looks brown.
    w/o seen what you are talking about

i would say most likely... Most people's face will be darker than the other parts of the body because everything else is covered up

I think I would have noticed this before, but I thought it looked strange today. And, yes, I understand about skin that is covered up looking different than skin that is usually covered, and I don't think this was this issue. I think you really had to have seen it. I've spent a lot of time looking at people's skin (and I don't mean racially), so this is probably why it caught my eye.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2799730;
    I noticed this also while watching the show on PVR last night. I'd say wrong shade of foundation, possibly. She probably applies foundation to both her face and neck. I know that being a woman of colour myself I find it hard to find a foundation colour that matches my neck since my face and neck are slightly different shades from each other. So I don't bother with foundation at all. I'm thinking in SHerri's case her face and neck are different shades and she tried to blend her neck with foundation to match her face, not realizing of course that her neck would then look a different shade than her chest. It's ok if you're wearing a high neck blouse, but not so much if you aren't. LOL
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I'm glad you saw it too. Today, it wasn't as bad, but it was still noticeable. Don't they have their make-up applied by people who understand colors, lighting, etc.? They are always talking about what they talked about in hair and make-up. Even in women of color, I don't see this kind of severe discrepancy in color. I've seen color problems when women put on their own make-up and, it seems that it is usually a problem of the make-up being too light. Maybe the hair and make-up professionals don't watch the show to see how their handiwork is playing out; I know they are usually out there touching up the women during commercial breaks.

prhoshay, I've seen the same thing on Randy, from American Idol. Sometimes, his face is ash grey, while his neck is brown. Definitely the wrong shade of foundation.

FORT Fogey

I went back last night to watch the tape of Monday's show to see the difference in color. I noticed the same thing on Elisabeth - her face and neck were much darker / oranger on Monday than her body. I thought it was a matter of bad make up. But oddly enough, I did not notice the same thing on Whoopi or Joy. So I'm thinking either there are two make up people - one for Whoopi and Joy who does color well, and one for Sherri and Elisabeth who does not blend color well, or else it was something with the lighting.

My take on the skin colour issue is that stupidity doesn't film well. Just a thought.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread