+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748881385381038 ... LastLast
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: The View

PAGE SIX TODAY!!!!!

May 9, 2006 -- STAR Jones Reynolds has been told to hitch up her hefty wagonload of freebies and waddle off into the sunset, sources say.
    ABC will announce this week that the big-boned talking head is out at "The View," a source close to the inner workings of the late-morning gabfest tells Page Six. What network brass won't say is that she's being unceremoniously ousted at the direct behest of the show's grand dame Barbara Walters and the incoming Rosie O'Donnell.

"It was always Rosie's condition of joining the show, and Barbara agreed to those conditions from the outset," our source said. The network and Jones are now concocting a face-saving scenario in which Jones will be touted as moving on to pursue important new projects.

Jones' camp yesterday denied the blustery babbler is going anywhere. "It's 100 percent not true. Where are you hearing this?" a rep for Jones said. A "View" flack echoed that. But those denials come on the heels of reports that Oprah Winfrey's best friend, Gayle King, may be in line to take over Jones' chair on the kitschy coffee klatch.

And while publicly, the show says Jones is "welcome" to remain on "The View" as long as she wants, insiders confirmed late last week that her agents are quietly shopping around for a new job for her.

There's been bad blood on the set, particularly with co-host Joy Behar. Star was secretly dubbed "Bridezilla" two years ago after she took untold freebies from wedding suppliers in exchange for plugs on the show.

And she threw a hissy fit when ABC suits banned her from plugging Payless shoes, which paid for her endorsement. Recently, Jones enraged Walters and her crew by bragging about her dramatic weight loss while refusing to confirm that she'd undergone gastic bypass surgery to achieve it.

How Jones' star has fallen - just a few weeks ago, she had hoped to succeed Meredith Vieira as the moderator of the crew.

But Walters wasn't going to let that happen because "she hates her. Really can't stand her," a source told us last week. O'Donnell was recruited quickly after Vieira announced she was jumping to "Today."

This show has more drama then a daytime soap...and twice as nauseating.
    Star looks like a weird alien type creature to me. I heard somewhere she was hoping to get her own talk show. I do not know one single person who would watch.

this whole view thing is imploding.

regardless what Star says about persuing other things , she's lying... I remember seeing a show a month or so ago and heard Star say something about contracts coming up in a few months and she started brownnosing Barbara.

Merideth Viera is the only person coming out on top with this whole mess. Noone hates her and she's gonna make alot of money.

Rosie, Gayle, Joy, Elisabeth even more horrible than the curent cast

Did anyone watch the show today? Star sure seems to have a short fuse. Some doctor was on there talking about allergies and while I admit that he was off in left field with his advice, Star told him to shut up. Probably not the most diplomatic demand ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Did anyone watch the show today? Star sure seems to have a short fuse. Some doctor was on there talking about allergies and while I admit that he was off in left field with his advice, Star told him to shut up. Probably not the most diplomatic demand ever.
    Star is a stonch liberal democrat (no offense to posters on the forum) and generally is someone doesn't agree with her view on everything then they are considered 'stupid' 'misguided' or 'hateful'

just my nonpolitical affiliated unbiased pov

Does anyone else remember Star Jones from when she began on Tv? (I think back in the 1980s?) She played lawyer/commentator on some third rate Judge Judy type show. It may have been called "The Jury".

I mainly remember her being 'full of herself' and constantly mentioning "I'm really a lawyer". Not much has changed

She was a lot smaller then, though! Pre Bridezilla and without the 'diet plan' I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansmommie View Post
    I agree with that. I think that Rosie is going to bomb. It is not here lifestyle that bothers me, it is her rude attitude. She always has to be right. I was very disappointed with this choice.
    She'll fit in fine as all of those women are rude, condescending and think they're always right.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

I heard a funny one the other night on some show..Why are Star Jones and Rosie O'Donnell at war with each other all the time? They should be friends, they both have gay partners after all....

Seriously, why don't they just do away with this freakin' show? Are they that greedy? It's had it's day, time to move on!

Newest person thrown into the mix to replace Star (according to Access Hollywood): Deborah Roberts (wife of Al Roker and correspondent on 20/20).....Now I do like her and would probably check it out if she's on. I think she'd be the best choice for moderator given her journalism background. I just don't know how her personality would mesh with the others. Poor thing probably would never be able to get a word in, except for in the opening bit.

I heard a funny one the other night on some show..Why are Star Jones and Rosie O'Donnell at war with each other all the time? They should be friends, they both have gay partners after all....
    Cruel, funny and true.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Does anyone else remember Star Jones from when she began on Tv? (I think back in the 1980s?) She played lawyer/commentator on some third rate Judge Judy type show. It may have been called "The Jury".

I mainly remember her being 'full of herself' and constantly mentioning "I'm really a lawyer". Not much has changed

She was a lot smaller then, though! Pre Bridezilla and without the 'diet plan' I mean.
    I first remember her from the OJ trial! I wanted her to SHUT UP! LOL

+ Reply to Thread