+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1563Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Very true. But people shouldn't make a declarative statement unless they know the truth of what took place or can trust the information source. They committed the very same offense that they were complaining about with Perez. Perez Hilton is the last person to be used as a reference, just as my MBA professors wouldn't allow Wikipedia to be a paper reference. Just too biased.

I think all of the hosts have been infinitely better this month with admitting what they do or don't know, and admitting their biases. I've been enjoying all of them... yes, Elisabeth included. (Barbara doesn't count. )
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Gee, think I should just change my name to "someone", lol.

Since Perez was the only place I could view a clip of any of the Hot Topics segment, he unfortunately had to be the source.

I will just blame it all on my local affiliate and their choice of programming.

You missed the point, SavhLaney.

The point isn't that your affiliate didn't air the show. The point isn't that you searched for a clip on Perez Hilton. The point is that you chose to believe the narrow version of events that Perez' clip showed and make a negative statement about Whoopi when you didn't know the complete story. Your affiliate isn't to blame for that.

Congrats on your 1000th post.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

I did not search for the clip on Perez, I happened to see it when I was scanning the site for the usual celebrity gossip.

And with the way Whoopi has been attempting to correct folks when their opinion differs from hers, it wasn't a stretch.

And thanks for the congrats!

I really dislike Elisabeth.

FORT Fanatic

I'm surprised no one has commented on that phone call they shared (the one from a wife of a school employee calling back a student who called her husband to ask if it was a snow day).

I was really surprised that the View ladies took the woman's side even after hearing how hateful that message was.

Yes, I too would have liked to have heard the teen's message but regardless of what he said she had no right or reason to call and leave the message that she did (or any message at all). If he left an offensive message she should have given a copy to the school and had them handle it. If it wasn't offensive, just irritating, leave it for her husband to deal with.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I agree. I would have like to have heard the student's voice message as well. But in any event, the wife's response came off terribly. Can you say overreacting????? Geesh! I can see her being irritated by the student's phone call but the level of anger in response crossed the line. Someone must have pissed in her cereal that morning or something. Good Lord!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Enjoyed the show today, for a change. "Sherri,...hating that wig!" I think there are others that look more attractive on her. She's been in these flat thing for several days now. Was glad to see that BW was not there.

I met Bill Clinton, years ago, and what Joy and Whoopi were saying is entirely true! That man just sucks all of the air out of the room, and he can melt even the most unmeltable woman!! You absolutely fall into his eyes! He has the ability to make you feel like you're the only woman in the room, when he takes your hand!!

I don't know what he's got, but it's definitely palpable!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Seriously? I have met him more times than I care to remember and I thought each time he was an attention whore a lech and his baggy blood shot eyes and bulbous nose did nothing for me. Grosss!!!! Sucks all the air out? yes, but in more of a let me out of here I can't breathe with all his smoke he is blowing.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

2 completely different experiences, I see!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread