+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: The View

I reckon today was pretaped.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I don't believe so, Amy Lee. IIRC, they referred to the South Carolina primary that took place on Saturday. But I might be wrong.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

I saw on Perez Hilton where they were trying to make fun of Elisabeth about a discussion regarding who was granted the right to vote first, blacks or women. Elisabeth said blacks and Whoopi, so she thought, corrected her. But it turns out that Elisabeth was right. There is a clip on Perez Hilton of that segment.

I hope Whoopi apologizes tomorrow. Here is the link:

Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton Blog Archive Elisabeth Hasselbeck Needs To Go Back To High School!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2764149;
    I don't believe so, Amy Lee. IIRC, they referred to the South Carolina primary that took place on Saturday. But I might be wrong.
    I thought they had, too.

Whoopi clarified herself on the vote at the end of the show. She said that African Americans had the vote right after they were freed then it was taken back.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2764169;
    I saw on Perez Hilton where they were trying to make fun of Elisabeth about a discussion regarding who was granted the right to vote first, blacks or women. Elisabeth said blacks and Whoopi, so she thought, corrected her. But it turns out that Elisabeth was right. There is a clip on Perez Hilton of that segment.

I hope Whoopi apologizes tomorrow.
    Whoopi already clarified her comment today, SavhLaney. Looks like Perez is the one that needs to get over it and quit making a mountain out of a molehill. eta: Ahh.. see you've already pointed that out, dagwood.

As Whoopi explained after that immediate commercial break... blacks were given the right to vote first, but then it was unceremoniously taken away. So the reality was that women were able to actually VOTE first, but it was true that blacks had initially been given the right first.

What Perez also didn't apparently spell out (I haven't bothered to go over there but you haven't mentioned it) is that when Whoopi told Elisabeth that she was incorrect and that women were given the right to vote first, Elisabeth IMMEDIATELY said "You're right.. that's what I meant to say."

So neither woman comes out smelling like a rose in this one. But that's one of the dangers of using PerezHilton as a resource when you haven't seen the show, SavhLaney.

FORT Fogey

Since Perez only had a small clip, I was hoping some would clarify.

And it was not my choice to miss the show yesterday, my local affiliate pre-empted it. So, the small clip was all I had the chance to see.

FORT Fogey

While I agree that Perez Hilton should not be the arbiter of much of anything in this country, isn't the point of his comments that the women of The View, Elisabeth included, are a bit lacking in their understanding of American history? And doesn't what transpired in that discussion, as well as on the show many days, support that? No one on that panel was able to accurately state the order and happenings of the right to vote being expanded, without assistance and clarification. In this case, I'd say Perez got it pretty darn right.

FORT Fogey

My complaint with Perez is that he tried to use it as yet another opportunity to bash Elisabeth. Just because he does not agree with her politics, he looks for things to post about her that he thinks will show her in a bad light.

If the piece had been posted about the entire panel, it would be totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2764787;
    While I agree that Perez Hilton should not be the arbiter of much of anything in this country, isn't the point of his comments that the women of The View, Elisabeth included, are a bit lacking in their understanding of American history? And doesn't what transpired in that discussion, as well as on the show many days, support that? No one on that panel was able to accurately state the order and happenings of the right to vote being expanded, without assistance and clarification. In this case, I'd say Perez got it pretty darn right.
    I openly stated in my post that I didn't bother going over to Perez' blog. I was just annoyed because someone used him as a reference to indicate that Whoopi was bad yet again and needed to apologize to Elisabeth. That wasn't the case as both of them were wrong in their presentation but both were also very much correct in their statements and Whoopi had already apologized and clarified. It seems the natural tendency for some in their rush to defend Elisabeth to criticize another member of the panel, whether it be Whoopi or Joy. These women are all getting along and the show has been quite enjoyable this month. Manufacturing controversy isn't needed.

But yes, if that was what Perez' complaint was, he is absolutely correct. But the women of The View aren't supposed to be history experts any more than you or I are. They also don't have the benefit of googling before speaking.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2765186;
    I openly stated in my post that I didn't bother going over to Perez' blog. I was just annoyed because someone used him as a reference to indicate that Whoopi was bad yet again and needed to apologize to Elisabeth.
    Someone who had openly admitted to having not been able to see the show. Since everyone involved was humble enough to admit to what they knew and did not know, it sounds to me like everyone involved would be cabable of being a better contibutor to The View than all of hte current hosts are from time to time!

+ Reply to Thread