+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I absolutely LOVED Elizabeth and Sherri's act today showing how a breast pump works. Hilarious - and a bit of a surprise that Elizabeth was the funnier of the two, bringing the mug out to an audience member. She may be the only non-comedienne on the panel, but in those moments where Elizabeht lets her hair down and is okay showing that side of herself, I'm really glad she's at the table.

FORT Fogey

For anyone who has ever used one of those double electric pumps, that was hilarious!! They were absolutely right on with everything that they said about it. I used to hate that thing. It kind of did make me feel like a cow being milked.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2754800;
    I absolutely LOVED Elizabeth and Sherri's act today showing how a breast pump works. Hilarious - and a bit of a surprise that Elizabeth was the funnier of the two, bringing the mug out to an audience member. She may be the only non-comedienne on the panel, but in those moments where Elizabeht lets her hair down and is okay showing that side of herself, I'm really glad she's at the table.
    You know I'd never thought of it that way...that Elisabeth is the only one on the panel without a background in comedy (well, other than Barbara). But she holds her own well among them, and she made me laugh during the breast pump discussion. I've said this before, but it is so nice to have the full panel back again!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I guess it depends on what tickles your funny bone, but seeing someone milk themselves on tv doesn't make me laugh.
    It just got less and less funny once Sherri joined in.
    I much prefer it when they just ignore Elisabeth rather than encourage her in in her attempts at humour because I find her even less able to pull it off than the rest of the them and they're all pretty dire.

Richard Cohen was interesting the other day, but Hot Topics was a snoozer all week, imo, with the subjects discussed being neither hot nor all that topical for the most part.
    Last edited by fluff; 01-20-2008 at 11:02 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am so with you on the "milking" thing. And I am soooo very over all of the boob jokes. I don't care how huge your boobs are or are not. How many times can you do the same 2 jokes over and over again?

Hot Topics has been a snoozer all week and, unfortunately, Granny has been there most of the week....which, I think, has been the main problem.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

How was the show today? My local station chose to pre-empt it to show a parade and they are not going to re-broadcast it later. I called to let them know how I feel about this.

It was actually decent... but I happen to love the guest. Colin Powell is probably the only Republican that I would have jumped at the chance to vote into office.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Figures I would miss a good one. Babs must not have been there, lol.

Babs was there (she had to show us her invitation to Ivana Trump's wedding ), it was one of those freak things I guess.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

FORT Fogey

Like anyone gives a hoot about Ivana, lol.

+ Reply to Thread