+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1316Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I just finished watching Tuesday and Wednesdays shows. I just LOVE the chemistry and flow that they seem to have going right now. The past 3 shows have been some of the best they've ever done. I wonder if it really is just the time they had away, or if they've been working behind the scenes to help things run smoother and less "produced". It'll be interesting to see if the flow can continue with Barbara tomorrow, or if she'll grind it to a screeching halt.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I fully contribute the fun flow of the show to a lack of Barbara. It's usually more fun/interesting when she is not there.

Elisabeth seems a bit more relaxed. It ought to be interesting watching her come into the realization that boys are so much different than girls to raise.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I really wish Babs could stay "on assignment" a while longer. I bet she totally ruins that nice balance that we have had all week.

FORT Fogey

I expect her to screw it up as well. But there's this tiny little part of me that also thinks that the other four are on such a roll that they'll be able to marginalize her. There was a time way back when before all the Rosie and Star drama when Barbara would just kind of sit there quietly. I want to see if they can really get back there. Then, they can win the Emmy this year, and laugh and laugh that Rosie couldnt' win it for them, but Rosie being gone could!

Okay, so my big question after typing that is which is the more outlandish dream ... a marginalized Babs, or an Emmy?

IMO, an Emmy.
    I don't think there's ever been a show less deserving of an Emmy.
    No matter who's on the panel, no matter whether they have the odd interesting show, it's a mess.
    It can be an entertaining mess, but it's a mess.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic

It just doesn't do anything that deserves an emmy. The hot topics while entertaining sometimes are most often screechy and crazy and the guest spots are hard to watch because of all the women at once and they are so brief.

They should do longer guest spots and maybe on little cooking or fashion sort of spot that is really short or possibly do them only a couple of times a week and then do the longer guest spots and the entire day of hot topics. Or include some of the guests in the hot topics if they are willing and get to promote whatever movie they are doing.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think the less celebrity crapola, the better. For the most part, the celeb stuff is a big yawn.

Well, Granny is back, and the conversation was going OK...but it wasn't great because Granny was dominating it...and when they started talking about teenaged pregnancy, the show became absolutely painful. Geez.....BW is such a drawback. Oh goody....and Granny is wearing noisy, clanging bangle bracelets today!! People who wear those things should be taken out back and spanked.

BW screeches just as much as Elisabeth, I see. And then Joy and Sherri started yelling with them. Is it just me, or is life just not fair???

Elisabeth said something about "when Tim has a bad game...blah, blah, blah...." Can't figure out why she didn't say that "when Tim watches a bad game...." since it's no secret that he doesn't play any ball for the team that pays him. Ring! Ring! "Reality calling....answer the phone!!!"

Sorry for the rant. These women really got on my nerves today.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-10-2008 at 11:40 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2748520;
    Elisabeth said something about "when Tim has a bad game...blah, blah, blah...." Can't figure out why she didn't say that "when Tim watches a bad game...." since it's no secret that he doesn't play any ball for the team that pays him. Ring! Ring! "Reality calling....answer the phone!!![/I]
    My husband and I both thought she was married to Matt Hasselback. I didn't even know Tim existed!

Not sure his team does either.

Rosie Sends Baby Gifts to Elisabeth Hasselbeck - Babies, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Rosie O'Donnell : People.com

Rosie Sends Baby Gifts to Elisabeth Hasselbeck
    THURSDAY JANUARY 10, 2008 11:00 PM EST

By Jeffrey Slonim

"Peace prevails" with Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Rosie O'Donnell, as O'Donnell confirmed to PEOPLE Thursday night that she has made up with her former foe and even bought her a baby gift.

On her way into the premiere of The Little Mermaid on Broadway, O'Donnell said of Hasselbeck's 2-month-old son Taylor Thomas: "He's very, very cute. I saw him on TV, and I sent him a lovely gift, and [she and Hasselbeck] have been e-mailing each other. And peace prevails."

Hasselbeck returned to The View this week, bringing the baby with her.

As for Rosie's baby gifts, they were in proportion to the scale of the conflict between Hasselbeck and O'Donnell when both sparred on The View.

"I sent something for him and something for his big sister [Grace, 2]," said O'Donnell. "Because, as the mother of four, I know that when the newborn arrives, the most important thing is a sibling gift. For [Taylor], it was a lot of clothes, because babies spit up a lot. I go to Baby Gap. There is a standard newborn gift pack as much as you can buy at the Gap without being arrested. And a learning gift, a soft shape sorter. And then for [Grace] who is older, I got a tea set that she loves."

O'Donnell says that Hasselbeck herself has bounced back after giving birth and they've stayed in touch. "We e-mail back and forth," she said. "She seems good. She looks like she adopted, like she didn't give birth. She looks perfectly fit and gorgeous already."

+ Reply to Thread