+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 1101 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647871375371037 ... LastLast
Like Tree1427Likes

Thread: The View

Well them salaries look about right to me.

They all agreed to their contracts.

I think all them people are way overpaid for what they do though.

I think it's fair that Star and Joy make the same

Elisabeth came off a damn reality show and if you ask me she is doing pretty good making 300 G's ... no way she should make $1 million like the other 2, plus she ain't been there as long as them

Rosie is already rich and had a show already so of course they would pay her more than the other 2

Meredith had more credebility than the other 2 and plus she was smart enough to negotiate more salary

They all suck anyway and i hope they are all unemployed shortly after fatso comes on.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    She doesn't have a background in tv or journalism so i think her salary is justified. Plus, not so long ago the women were earning considerably less though barbra has always been making more then a million and just bothers to show up when an A-lister is scheduled to appear, the other celebs must not be worth her pressence.
    And on top of all that, Elizabeth is so annoying, hell she's making more then she should.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I won't watch. I don't like Rosie and stopped watching her a few years ago when she went from funny woman to attack dog with a political agenda. Leave the politics to the politicians...Comedians, be funny! Actors, act! But don't try to persuade me with your comedic soapbox for politics.

I also heard (but can't remember where...and all the details) that Star was now considering a move and they had already been talking to another possibly replacement.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

Quote Originally Posted by realityINXS View Post
    On the radio, I heard the salaries of "The View" women. Here is each ladies' salary below.

Barbara- $10 million
    Meredith- $5 million
    Rosie (will get)- $2 million
    Star- $1 million
    Joy- $1 million
    Elisabeth- $300,000 dollars

That is one of the reasons Star wants to leave the show. She's pissed that she's been there since day 1, and that Rosie will come in making double what she makes.

I feel bad for Elisabeth. Her salary seems so low compared to the other ladies. Although $300,000 dollars isn't chump change, I think she should be paid the $1 million dollar salary that Star and Joy receive.
    To be fair, I think most of their salaries should be equated to how much of a draw they are. Star isn't a draw to this show, she's a detriment. So why should she be paid as much as Rosie?

The same with Elisabeth. She just doesn't, and can't, contribute as much to the discussion as the other women. She brought no equitable experience to the table (The Look for Less just isn't the same as a morning interview show) so she shouldn't make equal money.

If Star Jones leaves, it won't be because there's a more attractive offer out there for her. She has destroyed her marketability and I fully believe that she'll have a really tough time of it anywhere else. I believe the earlier stories that she was about to be fired before Meredith made her announcement... and I think the Rosie hiring was just more writing on the wall that Barbara, et al, want Star gone.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    To be fair, I think most of their salaries should be equated to how much of a draw they are. Star isn't a draw to this show, she's a detriment. So why should she be paid as much as Rosie?

The same with Elisabeth. She just doesn't, and can't, contribute as much to the discussion as the other women. She brought no equitable experience to the table (The Look for Less just isn't the same as a morning interview show) so she shouldn't make equal money.

If Star Jones leaves, it won't be because there's a more attractive offer out there for her. She has destroyed her marketability and I fully believe that she'll have a really tough time of it anywhere else. I believe the earlier stories that she was about to be fired before Meredith made her announcement... and I think the Rosie hiring was just more writing on the wall that Barbara, et al, want Star gone.
    The only way I could see Star on tv is if she goes back to her legal routes and scouts out shows on Court Tv and stuff like that.

It's sort of hard for me to know who contributes what. They all talk at once and all I hear is a loud buzz. I will say that I'll bet Rosie's voice can drown out the whole lot of them. Put her and Joy together and I don't expect anyone else to ever get heard, except for Barbara. Everyone shuts up for her.

That's the way it is today, Muduh. They had an interestingly accurate montage at the Daytime Emmys showing just how much they all talk all over each other.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Well maybe that's why they call it The View. They all talk so loudly you have to turn the sound off, and just stare at them, and read the captions!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    I haven't seen "The View" for YEARS. I think the last time I watched, Lisa Ling was still on there. I just can't stand those witches. CAN'T. Y'all get a pat on the back for being brave enough to watch. I couldn't deal with Elisabeth even when she was on Survivor, I can't imagine what she must be like on "The View"..BARF.

.With two originals leaving this year (Merideth & Starrrrr) and Rosie joining, it sounds like the show may be in it's final stretch. I can't see the moms of middle america relating to Rosie's lifestye at all, plus she's so loud mouthed & outspoken...The whole Rosie thing may backfire. Totally.

I agree with that. I think that Rosie is going to bomb. It is not here lifestyle that bothers me, it is her rude attitude. She always has to be right. I was very disappointed with this choice.

ITA, adriansmommie. She is made for a one woman show. Of course, she's surprised me before. Should be some fireworks there, that's for sure. Especially if anyone else there expresses conservative viewpoints.

+ Reply to Thread