+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1545Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2725787;
    How about we bring her on to replace Babs?
    Now there's a thought!

I would like to see Margaret and Elisabeth on together, Joy would be sputtering then.

They're not going to have Margaret, Elisabeth and Sherri on the same show, at least I wouldn't have thought so.

Hoover was actually able to string a sentence together, which made a pleasant change.
    I don't think anyone will ever replace Babs on this show, but if I was a Republican and wanted my views expressed, even after one showing, I'd rather have Hoover do that than Elisabeth.
    I'd also rather see left-wing views expressed by someone other than Joy ideally.
    Both are far too stubborn and argumentative.
    I don't see it as their job to express the views of an entire political party, just their own opinions, but it's quite clear that some of the comments made did not originate in either of their brains.
    I was pleased that they were finally able to discuss Guiliani, however briefly since Babs wasn't on the panel to defend her 'good friend'.
    Last edited by fluff; 12-17-2007 at 07:32 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2725810;
    ...if I was a Republican and wanted my views expressed, even after one showing, I'd rather have Hoover do that than Elisabeth. I'd also rather see left-wing views expressed by someone other than Joy ideally.
    Both are far too stubborn and argumentative.
    And ill informed!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

I had a very mixed reaction to Margaret Hoover - perhaps some of the negative was due to high expectations from reading good things here?

I would have loved the dress at a holiday party, but it seemed inappropriate for daytime TV show. (on a side note there, I WISH their wardrobe coordinator would do something to coordinate the general appearance of all the women. It drives me nuts when Whoopi comes out in jeans and a sweatshirt, and someone else in a cocktail dress. They could each have thier own style and still coordinate a bit in level of casualness.)

The laugh ... oh how I wish there were a way to hit mute faster!

I think I liked the way she presented her political views, but they didn't really get into politics enough for me to make a full judgement there.

But I did really really really like the way that she was comfortable enough being there that when a topic was being discussed that she didn't have a lot to contribute to, that she could either listen, or ask questions to advance it without making it about her. That was a delight!

Oh, and I LOVED her hair cut. Loved, loved, loved it.

Overall, I think I liked her. But I definitely got the impression that her time with Guilliani gave her an opportunity to be noticed by some people you want noticing you, and she's trying to capitalize on that BIG time. She's big into self-promotion, and it shows. I think there are some guest hosts who come on to be a guest host, and others who come on with visions of a permanent gig dancing through their heads. She had permanent gig visions doing a jig in her mind today. I think she could even see her face on her coffee cup.

One thing on Whoopi -- She has GOT to decide whether or not interrupting is acceptable. She almost verges on rude at times insisting that she be allowed to finish her point. That would be fine, if it weren't for the way she cuts people off at every turn. It's no wonder Sherri always tries to interrupt her. The minute Sherri says 3 words, Whoopi cuts her off and starts up again. She needs to start treating people like she wants to be treated.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Disco ball dress. Thought she might be pregnant at first. Thought she looked older than 30. Had a nice way of speaking.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

Even as a male, I am not afraid to admit I watch this show every morning. Because I have nothing to do and because Sherry Sheppard saying the stuff she has gives me reason. It's sort've like a train wreck.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2725845;
    One thing on Whoopi -- She has GOT to decide whether or not interrupting is acceptable. She almost verges on rude at times insisting that she be allowed to finish her point. That would be fine, if it weren't for the way she cuts people off at every turn. It's no wonder Sherri always tries to interrupt her. The minute Sherri says 3 words, Whoopi cuts her off and starts up again. She needs to start treating people like she wants to be treated.
    You are SOOOOOO correct about this. I watched the show yesterday and could barely tolerate Whoopi's incessant interrupting of Sherri. It comes across as bullying more than anything, and is very reminiscent of Rosie vs Elizabeth. As soon as Sherri opens her mouth, there's goold ole Whoopi, cutting her off before she even finishes a sentence. Enough already! How can Whoopi take a position for or against Sherri's views without first actually having allowed herself to hear them??? I have always liked Whoopi but I must say I am becoming more and more turned off by her with each passing episode.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 12-18-2007 at 08:44 AM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

I am glad to see that there are others who see Whoopi's actions as I do. She never lets Sherri finish what she is saying. But if anyone else interrupts her, they get the standard line of "Let me finish."

FORT Fogey

I have no big problem with the interrupting really. They all do it. It's a natural thing that happens when people are passionate about a topic. What bothers me is that Whoopi won't allow anyone else to do it, and evidently doesn't realize just how much she does it.

So, no one can accuse Dennis Leary of being opinionated, can they?

+ Reply to Thread