+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2721158;
    I'm not impressed, in sure she's not the only one in the media to get one.
    The Charles and Camilla card may have been impressive, but a White House Christmas card indicates anything BUT that you're a powerful person. I get one ... all you've got to do is donate $10 and you get one. There's no power there!

Wow Broadway, I haven't watched the show yet, but that's tacky. Thanks for the heads up - I'll pay close attention to Sara's face when its brought up. The amazing thing about it to me is that usually the topics like that one are thrown in by a producer in the show planning stage. You'd think at least one producer would be sharp enough to have nixed it. Especially since back when Rosie and Elisabeth were on and both were DWTS viewers, they talked about the show on a regular basis. They HAD to have talked about what Sara was going through!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2721492;
    Was anyone else as mortified as I was when Whoopi decided to bring up the topic of cheating husbands and/or cheating on your husband with Sara Evans today? And then they all innocently turned to Sara and asked her whether she would ever cheat on her husband or what she would do if her husband did, etc. They even said "you're divorced, aren't you?"

Painfully obvious that none of the three ladies had ANY clue about the circumstances surrounding Sara's recent divorce. You saw the pregnant pause before she answered the questions... probably a refreshing, yet incredibly awkward, surprise to have someone that doesn't know.

Do they not do any research on their cohosts??
    I thought the "how would you feel if your mother bought you a vibrator?" conversation would be the low point of Whoopi's hour, but asking Sara about cheating husbands eclipsed that.
    I don't think you have to be even 1% prude to not want to receive a sex toy from a parent. Whoopi pulled that face that indicates everyone being slightly surprised that she bought one for her daughter and not wanting one from their own parent is the odd stance on the matter.

It's obvious these women do zero research for the Hot Topics.
    They clearly don't know until that morning what they'll discuss and spend no time Googling the basic facts in their offices.
    They're all as bad as each other in that regard, imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

The whole vibrator discussion sounded like something that Whoopi just wanted to throw out there to tell the world what a liberated woman she is. She didn't really seem to be presenting it from a "Really, you think its strange? Why" place. It was more like "I know everyone in the world would think its odd, but I did it because I'm unique and progressive!"

On an unrelated View note -- I read in Us Magazine last night that after their flirting on The View, John Cussack and Ricki Lake went out on a date. According to Us, they spent an evening at a bar in NYC nose to nose in conversation, and plan to see each other again when they're both back home in LA.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2721492;
    Was anyone else as mortified as I was when Whoopi decided to bring up the topic of cheating husbands and/or cheating on your husband with Sara Evans today? And then they all innocently turned to Sara and asked her whether she would ever cheat on her husband or what she would do if her husband did, etc. They even said "you're divorced, aren't you?"

Painfully obvious that none of the three ladies had ANY clue about the circumstances surrounding Sara's recent divorce. You saw the pregnant pause before she answered the questions... probably a refreshing, yet incredibly awkward, surprise to have someone that doesn't know.

Do they not do any research on their cohosts??
    OK, personally....I LOVED IT!!!! The Ms. Snarkiness in me got a real kick out of it. It reminded me of a group of girlfriends sitting around talking, and those are times when there are "no holds barred". Oh well, when you live your life in the public, you shouldn't be surprised when your life comes up in the darnedest places. I don't think it was malicious, though...in spite of the giggle that I got from it! I'm sure it was whispered about among the ladies (Sara excluded), and everybody else later on! And they didn't laugh out loud until they got home.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2722048;
    On an unrelated View note -- I read in Us Magazine last night that after their flirting on The View, John Cussack and Ricki Lake went out on a date. According to Us, they spent an evening at a bar in NYC nose to nose in conversation, and plan to see each other again when they're both back home in LA.
    Ooooo! I love that! I like both John (okay, I lurve John! ) and Ricki. They were so cute that day. I wondered if that flirting might turn into something.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I knew she meant business when she pushed up on him on the show!! She couldn't have been any more obvious. Glad he took her up on her proposal!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2722067;
    OK, personally....I LOVED IT!!!! The Ms. Snarkiness in me got a real kick out of it. It reminded me of a group of girlfriends sitting around talking, and those are times when there are "no holds barred". Oh well, when you live your life in the public, you shouldn't be surprised when your life comes up in the darnedest places. I don't think it was malicious, though...in spite of the giggle that I got from it! I'm sure it was whispered about among the ladies (Sara excluded), and everybody else later on! And they didn't laugh out loud until they got home.
    Interesting... I got absolutely ZERO indication from any of them that it was deliberate.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

I didn't either Broadway. If it were deliberate in a good way, then I would think Whoopi would have said something about it in the intro. (and we all know Joy would have explained all the details to the audience since we're not smart enough to remember anything) If it were deliberate in a bad way then they assured themselves of not getting guest hosts anymore!

The only part of that discussion that I enjoyed at all was seeing the grace and dignity that Sara displayed in rolling through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2722116;
    Interesting... I got absolutely ZERO indication from any of them that it was deliberate.
    Of course it wasn't! It totally reminded me of an SNL skit. I'm sure they were mortified when it was brought to their attention what actually went down. Ah yes........one of life's little moments.....

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2721893;
    The Charles and Camilla card may have been impressive, but a White House Christmas card indicates anything BUT that you're a powerful person. I get one ... all you've got to do is donate $10 and you get one. There's no power there!

Don't tell bambi over there that. She thinks she's one of the gilded ones. It was silly to watch her gloat.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread