+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1316Likes

Thread: The View

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: The View

Ike Turner ushered in Rock and Roll???
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2718104;
    Wow, Whoopi really put on display how quickly Joy fizzles and falls apart when you force her to deal with facts on that discussion! It was rather fun to watch as Joy sat back in her chair, realizing she'd been defeated.

"Someone" could say it without a problem. But for Joy, George W Bush can't say it, because the world "alcoholic" makes him look worse. I was dissapointed that no one in that discussion brought up the difference between being addicted to alcohol and abusing alcohol.
    Sara Evans was trying... Joy kept pushing the issue trying to turn it into something

Sara acknowleged her *fear* of coming into the lions den from the onset and didn't want any unnecessary conflict

Next week Margaret Hoover will be on should be interesting... i hope they don't try to clown her and make fun of her laugh

i think Sherri has the "Mad Cow" (Boston Legal reference...)

i actually laughed yesterday when there was a inadvertant joke that occurred when Whoopi was saying something (can't remember the exact phrase.s..) about to go to commercial break and Joy kept yip-yapping and was the butt of the joke...made me chuckle

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2718696;
    Ike Turner ushered in Rock and Roll???
    This link also refers to Ike's contribution to rock and roll:

Musician Ike Turner Dead at 76; Abused Ex-wife Tina Declines to Comment - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

It refers to him as "one of rock's critical architects."

FORT Fogey

Barbara just is not a smart woman. (I know, shocking revelation!) I have a very hard time believing that this is the first year that she's received a White House Christmas card. Since even I have received one for the past 7 years, I"m guessing she's made the list. I know that every single one I've received has included a bible verse. So can she truly not remember that, and was shocked by it this year? Or is she just trying to create a controversy?

FORT Fogey

Babs is just trying to stir up a problem where there isn't one. I am glad to see that our President and First Lady include a Bible verse on their Christmas card.

Barbara can be a bit wacky sometimes, but I find her very interesting to watch.

Oh and I just looked at the online schedule, looks like there's another "all Hot Topics" show on the slate for Monday. They did that once before, and I liked it. So there should be lots to talk about after that one

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2719399;
    Barbara just is not a smart woman. (I know, shocking revelation!) I have a very hard time believing that this is the first year that she's received a White House Christmas card. Since even I have received one for the past 7 years, I"m guessing she's made the list. I know that every single one I've received has included a bible verse. So can she truly not remember that, and was shocked by it this year? Or is she just trying to create a controversy?
    She just wanted to name drop and how powerful people think of her during the holidays.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2719419;
    Babs is just trying to stir up a problem where there isn't one. I am glad to see that our President and First Lady include a Bible verse on their Christmas card.
    That is because you are a Christian.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

She just wanted to name drop and how powerful people think of her during the holidays.
    I'm not impressed, in sure she's not the only one in the media to get one.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Was anyone else as mortified as I was when Whoopi decided to bring up the topic of cheating husbands and/or cheating on your husband with Sara Evans today? And then they all innocently turned to Sara and asked her whether she would ever cheat on her husband or what she would do if her husband did, etc. They even said "you're divorced, aren't you?"

Painfully obvious that none of the three ladies had ANY clue about the circumstances surrounding Sara's recent divorce. You saw the pregnant pause before she answered the questions... probably a refreshing, yet incredibly awkward, surprise to have someone that doesn't know.

Do they not do any research on their cohosts??
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread