+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1557Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Holy cow, I think you guys are really on to something. I've been telling myself I need to get back to doing crunches, and haven't been doing a good job of sticking to it. If we all commit to a crunch game in place of a drinking game, we're going to be on the cover of "10 Minute Abs" in no time!!!!

To borrow from fluff's rules:

One crunch Sherri mentions her boobs or bugs her eyes.
    One crunch when Whoopi says "let me finish"
    One crunch when Joy makes a joke with a subject matter more than ten years old
    One crunch when Sherri doesn't understand a topic/joke
    Two crunches when Babs asks a guest to perform a talent other than what they're primarily known for. She asked Randy Jackson to dance last week and asked Lauren Ambrose to sing today
    Two crunches when Barbara tells the story of how her friends eat

Freebie when the ladies make it through an interview without interrupting each other.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

I think in order to maximize results, we shoudl also designate what type of crunches / which abs are isolated. Assign upper abs / traditional crunches to Barbara and Whoopi, lower abs to Joy, and side crunches to Sherri. When Elizabeth returns, we can give Sherri the right side, and Elisabeth the left side. Oh wait, on second thought, I guess it would fit better to give Elisabeth the right.

One crunch when Sherri doesn't understand a topic/joke
    This one's too easy. She says it practically damn every time. Whoopi too with Let me finish.
    They give away some good stuff, i gotta get on that show.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

I agree with Whoopi's opinion on the "death tax." Why on earth should heirs have to pay tax on money that is left to them when that money has already been taxed? I have never understood this.

That tiny straightener gave me laughs.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Why does Joy have a problem with the fact that someone says they have done too partying and are changing their lifestyle, that does NOT make them an alcoholic?

Also, why is it that when Mitt Romney changes his opinion on a subject after a few years he is flip flopping, but Hilary does in a matter of minutes and she is "informed"?

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2716443;
    Also, why is it that when Mitt Romney changes his opinion on a subject after a few years he is flip flopping, but Hilary does in a matter of minutes and she is "informed"?
    Probably for the same reason Elisabeth calls Kerry a flip-flopper and Hillary a panderer, but argues that Romney's "opinions has evolved".
    It depends on their over all opinion of the person they're speaking about
    "That's Numberwang!"

Paybacks for all of the identical John Kerry attacks, perhaps?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2715697;
    I agree with Whoopi's opinion on the "death tax." Why on earth should heirs have to pay tax on money that is left to them when that money has already been taxed? I have never understood this.
    Wow, Whoopi really put on display how quickly Joy fizzles and falls apart when you force her to deal with facts on that discussion! It was rather fun to watch as Joy sat back in her chair, realizing she'd been defeated.

Why does Joy have a problem with the fact that someone says they have done too partying and are changing their lifestyle, that does NOT make them an alcoholic?
    "Someone" could say it without a problem. But for Joy, George W Bush can't say it, because the world "alcoholic" makes him look worse. I was dissapointed that no one in that discussion brought up the difference between being addicted to alcohol and abusing alcohol.

+ Reply to Thread