+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 1115 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546861365361036 ... LastLast
Like Tree1503Likes

Thread: The View

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Thanks. I couldn't remember exactly why she left the air when she did. Now I'm wondering what is so different than it was when she quit to stay at home with the family. Does everyone have as many useless thoughts as I do?

The kids are older? It's been a while after all, and they do grow up and start school, etc. Not that I have any idea how old they are at this point.
    People have said upline that consider her strident on the gay adoption issue... but wouldn't you be as well, if someone told you you couldn't adopt the child you'd been raising just because you were _______ (black, white, fat, over 40, single, or some other thing you considered really irrelevant to being a good parent)? You might think it IS relevant, but she doesn't, so if you put yourself in her shoes, surely you can see how that would develop into a real hot button for you. It's not hypothetical for her, there's a real child involved--and in most states she would be able to adopt the child.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Maybe they could hire Phylicia Rashad. She's not working much lately is she? I think she'd be pleasant as a co-host and would have interesting things to say.
    That is an excellent idea! I love Phylicia and would watch every day if she came on the show.

PWS, I'm just sure that you aren't directing your post to me.

Rosie's kids are still little kids, but that's beside the point of our discussion. I have no objection whatsoever with Rosie's life decisions. It isn't my business. I have no reason to put myself in her shoes because as far as I'm concerned, she fills her shoes quite well. I admire her for giving a good home to some children who obviously needed one.

The only thing I said, is that I don't think she is the right person for this job. That has nothing to do with her life outside this one discussion.
    Last edited by Muduh; 05-06-2006 at 02:47 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I want to say that I heard Rosie make the comment that the hours of the show are good for her family life and that she can be at home when the kids get home from school.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You know, I don't care what her reasoning is, I just wondered why she gave up her own show then came back to be on The View. The best I remember, her show was also before noon, so she could be wherever she needed to be then, too. I'm sure she had her reasons, they just escape me.

I doubt that I will watch the show much myself. I think that Meredith is a big loss to the group. I like Joy a lot, don't care too much for Elisabeth anymore, and can not stand Star, so I have very little reason to watch unless they have a great guest.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    PWS, I'm just sure that you aren't directing your post to me.

Only the part about why she might come back now--and that was just my speculation. Maybe she feels the View will be a lot less work than running her own show...so she can more or less really just show up, do it, and go home, vs. having to plan guests, etc. as she no doubt did when it was all on her. When my S.O. and I were balancing childcare and jobs it was several years of nightmares and tenterhooks, which got significantly better when one of us went parttime and when the kids got into grade school.

The rest was directed at whoever (too lazy to go track them down, but more than one post) thought she wouldn't be good because she felt so strongly about that issue. Been meaning to respond to that before but was too busy. Sorry! Didn't realize it would read as if it were directed at you, but, duh, obviously it would. Trying to avoid the double post!

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    I, personally like Rosie and think she will bring a little "fire" to the show.....I'm not a big watcher of "The View" but I might be more likely to tape it now that she is on it....and btw..her documentary about her cruise was a wonderfully moving story about families and how for once, adults and kids alike, felt "normal" without worrying about backlash or comments from outsiders......beautiful film
    I was in tears watching the cruise on HBO. It was very well done, and the fact that Rosie stayed on the ship when they met with protesters offshore, showed me that she knows how to respond with strong opposition. I would like to see Elizabeth leave next - she is the reason I stopped watching regularly.

EDA: I love Phylicia too but originally - they had one female cohost in her 20's, one in her 30's one in 40's and Barbara. Will they still be doing that?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I didn't realize that Barbara is as old as she is. She will be 77 this September!! Now her behavior makes sense to me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    You know, I don't care what her reasoning is, I just wondered why she gave up her own show then came back to be on The View. The best I remember, her show was also before noon, so she could be wherever she needed to be then, too. I'm sure she had her reasons, they just escape me.
    I think she left the show because it was too time consuming. She was the host, the producer and pretty much in charge of everything and everyone. This time she has more of a supporting role.

I don't think Rosie's show was a hit because she hid her sexuality. It was a funny, family show during the age of Jerry Springer, Ricki Lake and Jenny Jones. At the time it really stood out for daytime tv. Beside, Ellen is open about her sexuality and her show is doing well. I don't think America is as close-minded and homophobic as some political leaders would want us to believe we are. There are plenty of heterosexual celibrities that worry me more.

I also watch the View. I can barely stand Elisabeth and eversince Star found Al, her ego has balloned. I would like to see how Barbara would handle conflict between Rosie and Star, if it happens. I don't think I would find Gayle King interesting. To me, she is Oprah's best friend and lackey.
    Last edited by rt1ky; 05-06-2006 at 09:02 PM.

On the radio, I heard the salaries of "The View" women. Here is each ladies' salary below.

Barbara- $10 million
    Meredith- $5 million
    Rosie (will get)- $2 million
    Star- $1 million
    Joy- $1 million
    Elisabeth- $300,000 dollars

That is one of the reasons Star wants to leave the show. She's pissed that she's been there since day 1, and that Rosie will come in making double what she makes.

I feel bad for Elisabeth. Her salary seems so low compared to the other ladies. Although $300,000 dollars isn't chump change, I think she should be paid the $1 million dollar salary that Star and Joy receive.

Quote Originally Posted by realityINXS View Post
    On the radio, I heard the salaries of "The View" women. Here is each ladies' salary below.

Barbara- $10 million
    Meredith- $5 million
    Rosie (will get)- $2 million
    Star- $1 million
    Joy- $1 million
    Elisabeth- $300,000 dollars

That is one of the reasons Star wants to leave the show. She's pissed that she's been there since day 1, and that Rosie will come in making double what she makes.

I feel bad for Elisabeth. Her salary seems so low compared to the other ladies. Although $300,000 dollars isn't chump change, I think she should be paid the $1 million dollar salary that Star and Joy receive.
    Wow! I would be job shopping too if I had helped to launch a show and ten years later someone got hired making twice my salary.

I agree about Elisabeth, too. Although it's hard for me to imagine a salary like hers, she still is making very little compared to the others.

It really sounds like the whole bunch got slapped in the face, doesn't it? It may end up with Rosie and Barbara sitting around trying to think up things to talk about.

And even thought I really like Meredith, does she deserve five times as much as the other originals? Very interesting.

+ Reply to Thread