+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Wasn't Paris one of hte most fascinating people just last year? I think Barbara has had this change of heart not because of her high moral character, but because there's too much competition, and she's losing out on too many of the big interviews. She's not done with celebrity interviews -- the celebrities are done with her. I'm willing to bet that just around Oscar time, she'll be over it and perfectly content doing 3 celebrity interviews to air right before the Oscars.

After seeing some of the questions she asked on the Fascinating special, I wish she would stick to not doing them anymore. She was just plain rude! Asking Justin Timberlake if he was going to make things work with Jessica Biel? As if a guy in his mid-20s whose had two long term relationships that ended is some sort of failure or player? And the worst of them all -- Asking the Beckhams if their marriage is forever? I WISH that Posh had given a "posh" face and threw out a "that was rude" to that question.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2710128;
    Did anyone else feel sorry for John Cusack? He seemed very uncomfortable when the conversation veered towards how to let a man know you are interested.
    I thought that it was a bit of the topic choice.... but also because of the typical View cohost mania. Sherri asked a question and he started to answer but Ricki interrupted him. Ricki then asked a question and he started to answer and Sherri and Joy interrupted him. By the time it went over to Joy he just gave a curt answer and he looked like he wasn't even going to bother. They were short, irrelevant answers after that... he didn't even truly get to say much about his movie.

And we won't discuss the clueless Sherri during the Hot Topics segment. Damn... she's likeable, but an idiot. But this show reads like a formulaic Nora Roberts novel.... SSDD. (But Nora Roberts can write... The View writers might as well be on strike.)

Veruka... I do agree with you about Barbara's questions. I didn't watch the show because I cannot stand her interviewing style, but they showed both of those questions on commercials. I thought it was horribly rude!!

And I thought I read that she didn't even have a sit down interview with JK Rowling... that everything they showed was from previous tapes? Was that the case?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Hasn't John Cussack always been one of those actors who is perfectly comfortable talking about his work, but not as open to talking about his personal life? I thought that the change in him from talkative to shorter answers was a result of that. It seemed to me like Whoopi picked up on that quickly, and tried to get things back to a discussion about the acting profession. Joy was totally oblivous to the cues from Whoopi or the short answers from John, and kept on railroading down the "give me attention I love myself" choo-choo.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Wasn't Paris one of hte most fascinating people just last year? I think Barbara has had this change of heart not because of her high moral character, but because there's too much competition, and she's losing out on too many of the big interviews. She's not done with celebrity interviews -- the celebrities are done with her. I'm willing to bet that just around Oscar time, she'll be over it and perfectly content doing 3 celebrity interviews to air right before the Oscars.
    And as i said previously, Camilla Parker Bowles. Which im sure she thought was grand.
    As for the interviews, I reckon they go to Diane Sawyer( I cant stand her) or Matt Lauer these days.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2711172;
    Hasn't John Cussack always been one of those actors who is perfectly comfortable talking about his work, but not as open to talking about his personal life? I thought that the change in him from talkative to shorter answers was a result of that. It seemed to me like Whoopi picked up on that quickly, and tried to get things back to a discussion about the acting profession. Joy was totally oblivous to the cues from Whoopi or the short answers from John, and kept on railroading down the "give me attention I love myself" choo-choo.
    You're claiming JOY was the one that was oblivious to the clues? Out of that big ol' Sherri and Ricki fiasco, you're blaming JOY?

As I mentioned above, that debacle of an interview had everyone's participation, but Joy was certainly just above Whoopi at being the least of the cause.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Whoopi tried to steer the conversation away, but Sherri and Rikki were the worst of the four. Joy got that way at the end, but Sherri and Rikki were definitely the main instigators.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2712273;
    You're claiming JOY was the one that was oblivious to the clues? Out of that big ol' Sherri and Ricki fiasco, you're blaming JOY?

As I mentioned above, that debacle of an interview had everyone's participation, but Joy was certainly just above Whoopi at being the least of the cause.
    I was thinking the same thing. The main people I remember during that exchange are Sherri and Ricki. They were the ones that kept going on and on. Joy and Whoppi did not have much to do with the situation at all........

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2712273;

Sherri and Ricki absolutely started it - no question about that. That's not what I was talking about. In the beginning, John was playing along and having fun ... perhaps because it was talking about men in general, and not questions specific to his personal life. When Whoopi saw that he was starting to get uncomfortable with it, she steered the discussion in a different direction. After she did that, Sherri and Ricki didn't say much more ... Joy on the other hand went right back to the discussion, and even defended herself saying she needed answers when she got a "we're going back there" reaction. Since she went back to it, oblivious of the cues, yes, I'm blaming Joy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This show could disappear tomorrow, and I would not be sorry nor miss it. The best part of today's show was Boyz II Men.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2713764;
    This show could disappear tomorrow, and I would not be sorry nor miss it. The best part of today's show was Boyz II Men.
    OH, Was it on today?

+ Reply to Thread