+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2708242;
    Surprise, surprise, they have started today's show with more of Babs' self promotion. She is showing clips from tonight's show. I hate that she has been giving those annoying Beckham's more airtime. Sorry Babs, they are not fascinating.
    Even if Barbara Walters had nothing to do with The View, I would expect them to be promoting the special on the show today. That's what networks do. When Universal has a big movie coming out, the Today show creates a special set to do interviews to promote the movie because NBC and Universal are under the same corporate umbrella. GMA goes to the Oscars because broadcasting it is huge for ABC. (and The View usually jumps on that bandwagon too). Networks are all about synergy when it comes to things like that.

I actually appreciated Barbara's explanation of how they choose the people for the list yesterday. It made a lot of sense. Come up with a variety of topics (entertainment, sports, politics, etc) and think about which people dominated discussions in that field. Like them or not, the Beckams ARE a couple that generates a lot of chatter, and they most certainly did in the US when they arrived this year.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My favorite part of the show today was when Sherri introduced Jeff Foxworthy! Perfect lead-in.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Joy is really bugging me today. I wish she would have shut her mouth when Sherri was talking about her beliefs and why she doesn't like the Golden Compass. Joy was making a joke out of her beliefs. Not cool at all.

FORT Fogey

Joy makes a joke out of everything that does not fall in line with her own beliefs. She's got this very self-centered way of looking at the world that believes that there's her way, and then there's idiots. I've always thought that was the primary thing that makes her a miserable person.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Comedians are comedians. I'm sure they understand each other better than we understand them.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Comedian or not, I still thought it was rude.

FORT Fogey

The comedian excuse only works when things are funny. Even comedians will admit to that. Joy is not funny, nor creative. She's just rude and self-centered.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2708474;
    Joy makes a joke out of everything that does not fall in line with her own beliefs. She's got this very self-centered way of looking at the world that believes that there's her way, and then there's idiots. I've always thought that was the primary thing that makes her a miserable person.
    You'd almost think she was a Bush Republican.

eta: and, for clarification lest anyone think that that was a dig at YOU, Veruka... it was a dig at Bush. That very same description has been used over and over again to describe the current administration that it's humorous that it's actually being used to describe someone that is criticized for hating this administration so much. Ironic, isn't it?
    Last edited by Broadway; 12-06-2007 at 02:56 PM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Joy has shown herself to be extremely narrow-minded. She belittles anyone whose opinion differs from hers. She gets particularly nasty when anyone discusses their faith.

I've had a major crush on John Cusack ever since I saw "Say Anything" as a young girl...I just went to look at who's on tap for tomorrow and it's John! So excited!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread