+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Re: IN the audience

Quote Originally Posted by corgi;507022;
    I was on The View! in the audience when Barbara Walters was on vacation and Beverly Mitchell was subbing. They had Joan Rivers as the special guest and had some stuff to do with the sun.

Was interesting, but I like the People's Court audience better, its more action and humor.
    That is cool! Did they give anything away when you were there?

Re: The View

The audience today hit the giveaway jackpot.

One thing I found odd from Monday was when Joy said she was hosting Larry King's show again, Babs asked her if she wanted a 10 Most Fascinating People clip to air on the show.
    I thought that was really strange. Babs is so self-absorbed.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I applaud Sherri for speaking up and saying that she did not think the pre-school should allow the boy to dress up in the girl clothes.

And I wish Babs would go on vacation.............a really long vacation. She did not need to be there today with Melina guest hosting. And I had to laugh at her choices for her most fascinating people. None of them are interesting to me. Sherri tried to ask her how the subjects are chosen, which is a logical question, and Babs was just rude about it. Sorry Babs, but I do not give a hoot about a Spice Girl and her sometimes, when he is not "hurt" soccer playing husband.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I thought that was really strange. Babs is so self-absorbed.
    You just answered your own comment. She's full of herself and only goes on the show to plug her own show. Which is extremely irrelevant. She's found Paris fascinating and not to mention Camilla Parker Bowles for standing by her very married man. Gee.
    Some celeb sites are totally making fun of Sherri over her brain flubs/ignorances what have you.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Poor Sherri does not have a chance to complete a thought with all of them screeching at her and telling her that her thoughts are wrong. So she isn't a history buff and mixed up when the ancient Greeks and Romans were, who cares.

I shudder to think of what her thoughts would be if she actually managed to finish them.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Adult Beverage;2706773;
    Sounds like an assumption based on a number of subjective opinions. Be sure to let us know when your facts change.
    Facts didn't change, but I watched the show last night, and seeing it solidified the opinions I expressed yesterday. The most significant point added for me was Whoopi at the end saying that people tend to go off on Sherri without allowing her to expand on what she's said. That sounded to me like even Whoopi understands the reactions generated from flip comments.

Honestly, I think that Sherri was sticking to a point of view that was very much in line with what most of the women were cheering Bill O'Reilly for saying when he was promoting his book a couple of weeks ago. She has established rules and standards for her house. She does not expect all people or all families to live by those same rules. But they're her definitions of what is right and what is wrong, and that is what she will teach her son. What he does with those lessons when he's an adult is entirely up to him. Regardless of what he decides to do, she will love him, because he is her son. That's what I heard from listening to Sherri. I don't agree with all of the rules that she's set, but I respect them, and I admire her convictions.

It's a funny thing how "facts" seem to solidify an already pre-formed opinion.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Guess that just goes to show it was based on an informed foundation to begin with.

FORT Fogey

Surprise, surprise, they have started today's show with more of Babs' self promotion. She is showing clips from tonight's show. I hate that she has been giving those annoying Beckham's more airtime. Sorry Babs, they are not fascinating.

+ Reply to Thread