+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1814Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I loved Chandra Wilson on today. I agree that coupons serve a purpose.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Chandra always seems like such a really nice, down to earth person in her interviews.

I thought Gloria Estefan did a wonderful job hosting today. She had a lot of input and she definitely added to the conversation. She's guest co-hosting tomorrow as well so I'll be looking forward to that. Also, Sissy Spacek is tomorrow's guest.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Fanatic

I just don't think they can get any more stupid but then a show like today comes on and I find that well yes they can! A black man and his son ask the candidates what they will do about "black on black" crime. Whoopie goes off about it being called black on black and why do "you" call it that. She asks Joy if white people call it white on white she is mad about the lingo. Forgetting the entire time that it was a black man who asked the question he phrased it that way! What is wrong with just calling it CRIME? Period.

Then they go off on how we can't tell that the Canadians are illegal because they can blend in easily. Why is it always the Mexicans shown crossing the borders illegally and why are we proposing a fence there instead of one in Canada too. Not one person on the panel said well yes we get illegal immigrants from everywhere but the biggest surplus bringing the most problems is from Mexico right now. It isn't a racist idea or thought it is a fact.

i wonder if *E* is watching any of these shows

i hope that she just finally says screw it and move on...and not associate herself with this rediculous show

Joy has trully blossomed into *R*, in no time she'll be puting out her conspiracy theories...I can't even tell anymore if the audience is laughing with her or at her.

this lady is really acting an ass lately; and she really doesn't care for ANY other viewpoint unless identical to her. She'll even confirm by saying "So...you agree w/ me"

and just like *R* she is obsessed with GWB. I don't know how a person that despises someone so much loves to think about them and bring them up any chance they get. Not even by way of a clever joke or making fun of a video clip, but just in random non-political conversation. They can be talking about recipes and she'll somehow incorporate GWB into it...rediculous

she's gonna go into a worse depression i feel once he's outa office

on the black-on-black thing. Speaking as a black man, i thought the question was stupid. How is Mitt Romney or anyone else responsible for BOB crimes except for the perpetrators

and once again the gov is responsible for everything that afflicts the black community apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2699391;
    Joy has trully blossomed into *R*, in no time she'll be puting out her conspiracy theories...I can't even tell anymore if the audience is laughing with her or at her.

this lady is really acting an ass lately; and she really doesn't care for ANY other viewpoint unless identical to her. She'll even confirm by saying "So...you agree w/ me"

and just like *R* she is obsessed with GWB. I don't know how a person that despises someone so much loves to think about them and bring them up any chance they get. Not even by way of a clever joke or making fun of a video clip, but just in random non-political conversation. They can be talking about recipes and she'll somehow incorporate GWB into it...rediculous

I agree with you totally. Joy is getting on my last nerve. The look on her face after the Repub debate was unbelievable. She was shooting daggers everywhere. I have to wonder if a Dem had answered any of the questions the same what she would have said. Probably praised them up and down. It is like to her it is all about the party affiliation not the actual candidate. I just wish more people would pay attention to the candidate not the R or D.

I am also sick of the GWB jokes. It doesn't matter what the segment is, it has to turn to a GWB joke. Move on, Joy.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

i hope that she just finally says screw it and move on...and not associate herself with this rediculous show

on the black-on-black thing. Speaking as a black man, i thought the question was stupid. How is Mitt Romney or anyone else responsible for BOB crimes except for the perpetrators

and once again the gov is responsible for everything that afflicts the black community apparently.

Amen, amen and AMEN to everything you've said. I couldn't agree with you more on all counts. Joy's hatred of Bush has reached ridiculous levels. Joy has become joke. She comes across as one bitter, angry woman.

I can't find it in me to even take her seriously anymore. I don't know how her live-in boyfriend even puts up with her. Poor guy...
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I agree with your statement. I find it hard to watch Joy everytime she opens her mouth and talks about GWB. It's a total annoyance how she rants about GWB. She needs to move on and re-direct her energy to more positive things.

I find them all fairly irritating.
    Joy never misses an opportunity to bash Bush and I find that as unpalatable as Elisabeth never missing an opportunity to praise him when she's there.

The show is a wreck and yet the ratings are apparently pretty good in the key demographics, so I doubt we'll see a change any time soon.
    Joy likes to put them never winning an Emmy down to there always being at least one co-host that people don't like.
    I think that is true, but that's not (imo) why they haven't won an Emmy, it's because the show is so poorly put together.

I know Barbara has a shaky grip on what can be deemed 'fascinating' but she seems to find no one more intriguing than herself.
    Thus, every time she's on the show Whoopi will say her hellos, then immediately throw HT over to Babs so she can tell us about whatever it was she did the previous evening.
    I know that's a perk of having your own show, but her life bores me.
    As much as I didn't want to hear about Elisabeth visiting the White House while the Queen was there, that's probably a once in a lifetime thing for her and is something that will likely never happen for the rest of us.
    Babs dining with her chums, however famous, fabulous and thin they may be is at least a weekly event by the sound of it, so hardly a hot topic.
    Even on live shows they ignore actual relevant topics so they can keep it safe. That might actually be better than hearing them tackle subjects about which they haven't as much as Googled-up a basic understanding.

The production values are appalling.
    Whoopi hasn't come to grips with the ifb at all. It's evident on her face when someone is talking in her ear, she'll even stop mid-sentence to try and pick up on what's being fed to her.
    She even answered the ifb on air the other day after she set up a clip during the Steve Martin interview (iirc) which they never threw to.
    It's one thing for the show to look spontaneous, another to look thrown together.
    Last edited by fluff; 11-30-2007 at 01:30 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

You do have to give props to Rosie for refusing to use the IFB. I had to use them in college, and they're very hard to get used to. I think Whoopi should consider going the Rosie route and just not using one. Quite frankly, they should probably all get rid of them. Time signals can be used by the floor director when they need to go to break, and they should all be able to think on their feet enough at this point that they don't need lines fed to them for anything else.

+ Reply to Thread