+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I would like to see her back as a guest host on a day when the show is live not taped.

I missed the part about the twins. If it was an experiment and they found each other on their own, who, how and when were they ever going to do the research to see if they were similar? Or was someone watching them the whole time?

FORT Fogey

I really did not pay attention to that segment. Hopefully someone else did and can fill you in.

FORT Fanatic

The twin thing was confusing. When they were setting up the guests they went on about a research study, saying the parents split them up on purpose, etc. etc. So I was expecting some sort of scientific involvement in their lives but when they came out it was more like they were adopted & raised by two different families then when they expressed an interest in their birth family they found out they were twins. No mention of any research study. Unless the study was conducted after their reunion and that's what the panel was discussing (if that's the case they did a poor job of explaining).

I enjoyed both Trish & Candace as guest hosts. Finally two good choices.

What I got out of it was that it was the agency that split them up to study. They said something about trying to get other agencies to do the same but the others wouldn't. Now they won't let twins be split up unless it is under extreme circumstances. I don't think they said anything about results, I think they want you to buy the book.

I got this blurb from the recap of that show.

Then, we welcomed Elyse Shine and Paula Bernstein, who both always knew they were adopted but it wasn't until they were 35 that they discovered they're identical twin sisters separated at birth in a secret scientific study. They were here, sharing the incredible story of their search for answers to their past and their touching journey from strangers to sisters and subject of their book, Identical Strangers: A Memoir of Twins Separated and Reunited, which everyone in today's audience received a copy of.
    ABC.com: The View Recaps

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What people would allow their twins to be separated like that for a study? It's like these twins were thought of as "things".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think i've found the perfect co-host for The View

this lady is what Barb and co. have been looking for...

Naomi Wolf (google her if you never heard of her...)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Kind of looks like Meredith.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Splitting twins up like that for the purpose of research is highly unethical and it is unlikely that any study would be taken seriously if that was the case if even allowed to go on.

There are national registries of twins and multiple birth people though that scientists can tap into to do twin studies from some of those twins have been seperated and put into two different families. Studies after the fact look into the environmental role of their upbringing vs. genetics basically (Nature vs. Nurture) but those twins are not seperated for the purpose to study. They are already seperated.

I didn't see the show.

Did anyone get the chance to see Celine Dion's appearance on Friday? I did...the clips are up on ABC.com if you didn't get the chance. She is just so out there, it's fun to watch her talk. My mom and I watched together and we were cracking up!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread