+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 1051 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445851355351035 ... LastLast
Like Tree983Likes

Thread: The View

Rosie will be an interesting addition I think.
    She'll certainly bring a new outlook to the show imo.
    She might even cause Elisabeth to explode in a hail of disapproval, which would be a fantastic bonus.
    Star going would not bother me, it's time for her to move on imo and perhaps return to the more law related side of entertainment, Nancy Grace-like if you will.
    Elisabeth just has to go.
    I find her very unprofessional, she's always out of her depth, cannot discuss anything of a sexual nature without blushing like a child and can't even keep her stupid stories straight.
    She told us over and over again that she used to brush her teeth for half an hour after she had her baby so her husband would be asleep and she wouldn't get pregnant again, she then gleefully claimed to be ecstatic that the Giants were out of the playoffs because the "no sex on game day" embargo could be lifted.
    Considering her husband never gets a game I doubt it matters whether he has sex, bungee jumps, or sky dives on game days.

I welcomed the idea opf having someone who thought differently from me politically on the show, but imo she's too hopeless to hold her own and can't make a decent argument most of the time.

If ABC really wants to compete with Ellen they'll ditch all the other women and let Rosie fly solo.
    They're different types of shows, different types of guests, Ellen is pretty much all famous people as guests, whereas The View has more public information and interest guests and stories.

I haven't watched the show in a while I guess. I have not seen an episode with Elisabeth.

But, she sounds like Debbie Matenopoulous (sp?). Anyone remember her? Eegads.

They just had her on some comedy-clip show on a cable network and she's just as idiotic as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky View Post
    Star getting a talk show?

I can't undertand who and where are these legions of Star Jones fans. Everyone I know of several different race and ethnic groups, can't stand her. Can you imagine how many times she would turn the conversation towards herself in a one hour talk show with her as the only host?
    I would rather see Star than Joy. Anyday of the week. There is no one more annoying to me on The View... (my bias opinion)... than Joy and her loud mouth and those terrible jokes of hers.

Actually... I had mention it earlier... I had seen Star guest hosting on Larry King a couple of weeks ago. She did a great job. Star is very well spoken when she is not fighting with her own co-host on The View.

The one thing that annoys me is when interviewers who don't listen to what their interview-ee has said... *cough*NANCY GRACE*cough...

Plus I must be the only person on earth who does not care how Star lost weight. I never seen such rabid behavior over someone's medical history. Geez... people were brutal to her when she was big... and they stepped it up when she lost weight.

Lets talk truly annoying people... I can't take watching Nancy Grace at all. If you really want to see someone truly annoying... tune in the CNN and try to sit through 10 minutes of ole crazy Nancy Grace. The woman has no idea how to interview people without screaming at them. Actually the only female doing current criminal talk, that I enjoy her show, is Catherine Cryer on Court TV. Other than her... that whole cast of loud women on Court TV needs to be let go.... I hate that they never let anyone finish their sentences without screaming at them.

I haven't seen "The View" for YEARS. I think the last time I watched, Lisa Ling was still on there. I just can't stand those witches. CAN'T. Y'all get a pat on the back for being brave enough to watch. I couldn't deal with Elisabeth even when she was on Survivor, I can't imagine what she must be like on "The View"..BARF.

.With two originals leaving this year (Merideth & Starrrrr) and Rosie joining, it sounds like the show may be in it's final stretch. I can't see the moms of middle america relating to Rosie's lifestye at all, plus she's so loud mouthed & outspoken...The whole Rosie thing may backfire. Totally.

I was listening to gossip on the radio today, and they said that rumored to be replacing Star Jones is Oprah's best friend, Gayle King. The producers want Gayle to take over Meredith's moderator position, and bump Rosie to Star's position.

Even though I cannot stand Star and would love for her to leave, it will be funny if Star stays to see some of her and Rosie's arguments. That will be great TV! I don't think I would want Gayle King on 'The View'. She can grate on the nerves sometimes (although, she couldn't possibly be as bad as Star). But Oprah has a lot of star power, and she could easily get Gayle the position.

I also feel that maybe the show is on its last leg. I have no problem with Rosie, but I really can't see that she fits with the group. I consider Joy the loud mouth of the group and Meredith the voice of reason. Exactly which of those rolls will Rosie fill? If the show does bomb then Barbara can thank herself for a really boneheaded move.

Just read INXS post. Didn't Gayle King's show get cancelled? What happened to Rosie's show? Is The View going to turn into a bunch of rejects?
    Last edited by Muduh; 05-05-2006 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    I also feel that maybe the show is on its last leg. I have no problem with Rosie, but I really can't see that she fits with the group. I consider Joy the loud mouth of the group and Meredith the voice of reason. Exactly which of those rolls will Rosie fill? If the show does bomb then Barbara can thank herself for a really boneheaded move.

Just read INXS post. Didn't Gayle King's show get cancelled? What happened to Rosie's show? Is The View going to turn into a bunch of rejects?
    Rosie's show was actually very sucessful, but that's because she stayed in the closet until right before the show went off. Supposedly she retired to spend more time with the "wife" and kids...
    Gayle's show totally bombed, despite having Oprah's power behind the whole thing. Nobody wants to watch Oprah's "best friend" on ANY show, she's annoying as heck and has made a career out of being Oprah's shadow. Barbara Walters would be making a big mistake if she puts Gayle on there...

Thanks. I couldn't remember exactly why she left the air when she did. Now I'm wondering what is so different than it was when she quit to stay at home with the family. Does everyone have as many useless thoughts as I do?

Well anyway, I really don't care for Gayle King. She seems to have such a know it all attitude. I can't see her and Star even making it through a week together.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Gayle has nothing to offer, she's just a puppet and would probably talk about oprah all the time anyway.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Maybe they could hire Phylicia Rashad. She's not working much lately is she? I think she'd be pleasant as a co-host and would have interesting things to say.

+ Reply to Thread