+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1605Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Sherri tried to ask about the amount of nutritional value of the pureed veggies, she was cut off and told that they have the same nutritional value.
    I think her question was how much veggie nutrition is in each serving of food. I was wondering the same thing. She showed that she puts the puree in the snack size baggies and then adds it to the dish she is preparing. Unless she adds one (baggy) for each person, that is not much when it it spread between 3 kids and 2 adults. JMO

I am glad to hear that she and Jerry do not need the money from this cookbook. That they are doing just fine.

FORT Fogey

Maybe if the nutritionist who helped her with the book had been there then Sherri would have gotten an answer. Jessica probably did not know.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2679732;
    Sherri tried to ask about the amount of nutritional value of the pureed veggies, she was cut off and told that they have the same nutritional value.
    I think her question was how much veggie nutrition is in each serving of food. I was wondering the same thing. She showed that she puts the puree in the snack size baggies and then adds it to the dish she is preparing. Unless she adds one (baggy) for each person, that is not much when it it spread between 3 kids and 2 adults. JMO
    Very good question, indeed. But I'd imagine that the amount of veggies that they are getting from any of these food items is a big difference from their intake without them.

I am glad to hear that she and Jerry do not need the money from this cookbook. That they are doing just fine.
    Was that sarcasm??? Remember reading that Britney Spears makes over $750,000 a month from royalties? Jerry Seinfeld makes more than that per day, I believe (slight exaggeration.. more like in a week from his Seinfeld royalties. Where is Nemeses with her research?) The man doesn't need to do one more thing for the rest of his life.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2680676;
    Very good question, indeed. But I'd imagine that the amount of veggies that they are getting from any of these food items is a big difference from their intake without them.
    Who knows if it is a big difference per serving or not since Jessica was unable to answer the question.

For all we know, there could be just as much benefit from taking a vitamin.

We were talking about getting veggies in their food, SavhLaney. We weren't comparing eating veggies to taking a vitamin.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2681973;
    We were talking about getting veggies in their food, SavhLaney. We weren't comparing eating veggies to taking a vitamin.

The discussion was about what, if any, nutritional value that the pureed vegetables add per serving of the recipes. Jessica was unable to give a valid answer to the question. I just said, for all we know, the same nutritional value could be gotten in other ways.

FORT Fogey

I think the question that SavhLaney has extended is a very valid one. The entire premise of the cookbook is to sneak vegetables into other foods in order to trick children and other non-vegetable eaters into eating them ... because eating them is healthy. However, if it is only a very small amount of vegetables that is added, and divided among multiple portions, is it really making much of a difference? There's water in my diet coke, but i don't consier drinking it to be a good practice in hydrating myself. If the amount is small enough, then just eating the food may not be all that beneficial. Seems like a fair thing to explore to me.

Well, I really don't care how much nutritional value it adds to the foods. I know it is healthier than without the veggies. It still allows my kids to get more than they would otherwise get. So I feel better about giving them mac and cheese or chicken nuggets. At least I know there is a little healthy stuff in there. They already take vitamins but preparing food this way gives them that little extra that they wouldn't have had otherwise.

ok, i admit I dont cook, but even I (think) I know that pureeing (sp) a veggie takes more than one serving to make what was in her baggie. Does that makes sense? So Im sure the kids are getting as much, or more than if they had, say, two flowers of broccoli on their plate.

What'd everyone think of Trisha Yearwood as guest co-host today? I thought she did a great job, also considering she probably doesn't have a ton of experience hosting a daytime talk show. And I'd forgotten how much I like her music, but the performance she gave at the end of the show was beautiful.

Also, if there are any Full House fans out there, DJ (Candace Cameron Bure) is the guest co-host tomorrow. Love her, can't wait!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread