+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2678353;
    I guess ABC showed a different episode in Michigan than the one they showed in Georgia. I absolutely saw Sherri tried to guide Barbara back to what she had actually said, and Barbara took off in her own direction thinking that stupid Sherri (who is in the middle of a divorce right now) does not understand the legalities of marriage and divorce.
    Gee, I don't suppose you have it on TiVo? You heard one thing and I heard another. It happens. It doesn't call for the snarky accusation that ABC showed a different live episode, nor the allegation that I cannot watch a show without allowing Barbara Walters to lead me off into a rambling tangent.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2678354;
    Thanks broadway. I'm going to take a look at it to see if it's worth it. Anyone have it? If so, do you like it? How does the food taste?
    My mom and I have been talking about the book.

I went to Amazon.com and looked it up and got the reviews on it, and there is another book along the same lines by a chef....it is referenced when you look up the Seinfield book.

The reviews were slipt, some liked the bidding on the Seinfeild book better, but the options and indexing on the other book better.

The one by the chef is a little cheaper.....haven't tried any of it yet....kinda hoping I get one or the other book for Christmas.

FORT Fogey

Thanks broadway. I'm going to take a look at it to see if it's worth it. Anyone have it? If so, do you like it? How does the food taste?
    I don't have it, but my sister's next door neighbor does, and she really likes it. She's got 2 kids (2 and 5) who will not eat anything that looks remotely good for you. The gobble up the food she's made from that book. And she is the kind of cook who puts gobs of butter and other unhealthy things in everything she makes. So I can't imagine that everyone in her family would like the food if it wasn't truly deceiving in its deliciousness.

Re: Deceptively Delicious. I've got two kids and they'll eat "healthy" food from the book that they ordinarily wouldn't be caught dead in the same room with.

I wouldn't even look at the gold digger's book much less buy it.
    I doubt she'll notice, let alone care.

My kids love several of the recipes. I have not tried many though. All 3 of my sons loved the pancake with sweet potato. One son loved the grilled cheese. My other son loved the yogurt pops. My oldest son loved the macaroni and cheese. They also found out that they love butternut squash by itself. lol I was pureeing and they wanted to try it. They said this is good! Why would you want to hide it? LOL

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tammommy;2678435;
    The one by the chef is a little cheaper.....haven't tried any of it yet....kinda hoping I get one or the other book for Christmas.
    What is the name of that book? I'm debating on getting this. It sounds great and I'd love to be able to fool my nephew and husband.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

The other book, which came out first by the way is "The Sneaky Chef: Simple Strategies for Hiding Healthy Foods in Kids Favorite Meals"
    by Missy Chase Lapine.

There is some interesting reading over at Amazon about Jessica Sklar Nederlander Seinfeld.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I don't think i've ever liked Jessica. The whole book thing is too much of a coincidence. Babs, get off my screen already!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Ever since reading about Jessica in the NY papers. I just do not care for her at all. It did make for some good tabloid trash for a while though.

And yes, Babs has been on way too much lately.

At first I thought they wouldn't ask her about the "Sneaky Chef" controversy, but I'm really happy they did...I thought Jessica handled it really well, actually. I'm just glad they didn't choose to ignore it, though, I'm not sure if that's the first time she's been asked about the "scandal" on TV?

I was thinking to myself that I need those recipes for MYSELF! I don't really like veggies either...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread