+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2678093;
    Sherri did not ask that -- the assumption of Barbara that she's plum stupid led to that misunderstanding. Sherri was posing the question form a moral standpoint -- Since Sandra Day O'Connor's husband has alzheimers and has a "relationship" with someone in the facility he's living in, would she morally be free to move on with someone else in HER life if she chose to do so. Barbara was the dimwit who didn't understand the point that Sherri was making, which was a shame. It would have been an interesting point for them to discuss.
    She most certainly asked it. Whether you choose to interpret it differently is your prerogative, and I certainly believed that is probably where her intent was when I watched it, but she absolutely asked the specific question as to whether SDO could get remarried again. I ignored it at the time because I was okay with it being an error... but she shouldn't be touted as "smart." She's normal and human.

Yes, she is taking a lot of abuse from her coworkers (and posters like me) for being the youngest/newest/most naive. I noticed today that everyone consistently cut her off time and time again this morning. But again, most of us found her absolutely obnoxious before she ever joined and she has a bit of work to do to prove us wrong, not vice versa.

eta: I do have to say that I enjoyed Elisabeth's sense of humor in her email this morning in regards to her comment about Hillary Clinton.
    Last edited by Broadway; 11-19-2007 at 12:03 PM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

If it is merely my interpretation of what she meant, why did she try on so many occasions to correct Babs? You don't correct people about the meaning of what you've said, in the moment, for any reason other than you're being represented as having said something you did not say.

She didn't attempt to correct her about that. In fact, the discussion ended fairly quickly after the comment. She further clarified as in "oh, but can she then get her own boyfriend", but she did not change her original statement/question.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

What was the name of Jessica Sklar Seinfeld's book?
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2678343;
    What was the name of Jessica Sklar Seinfeld's book?
    Deceptively Delicious

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2678321;
    Yes, she is taking a lot of abuse from her coworkers (and posters like me) for being the youngest/newest/most naive. I noticed today that everyone consistently cut her off time and time again this morning. But again, most of us found her absolutely obnoxious before she ever joined and she has a bit of work to do to prove us wrong, not vice versa.
    There is something wrong with being 40, and being so "naive"...unless it's organic, of course.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2678338;
    She didn't attempt to correct her about that. In fact, the discussion ended fairly quickly after the comment. She further clarified as in "oh, but can she then get her own boyfriend", but she did not change her original statement/question.
    I guess ABC showed a different episode in Michigan than the one they showed in Georgia. I absolutely saw Sherri tried to guide Barbara back to what she had actually said, and Barbara took off in her own direction thinking that stupid Sherri (who is in the middle of a divorce right now) does not understand the legalities of marriage and divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2678321;
    I don't think this is a fair standard to hold anyone to. Sherri was known publicly before from her acting and comedy - not as an individual expressing her opinions on things happening in the world. She was not being herself in any of the work she did publicly prior to The View. So I can understand why she'd be disliked and considered to be obnoxious by people who didn't enjoy her work. But that work was a reflection on her ability as a performer -- not her as a person. To turn around a judgement on her as a person based on her acting ability is something that no individual has the ability to do. She (as a person, not a performer) had nothing to do with creating the negative image, and so she's got just as little control over turning it around.
    Last edited by Veruka; 11-19-2007 at 12:16 PM.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2678346;
    Deceptively Delicious
    Thanks broadway. I'm going to take a look at it to see if it's worth it. Anyone have it? If so, do you like it? How does the food taste?
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

I wouldn't even look at the gold digger's book much less buy it.

It seemed as though that cooking segment lasted forever.
    I don't know whether it was because it was really pretty slow-paced or because she didn't show us an actual recipe, just motioned at plates and said she added pureed veggies to things, but it seemed to last an age.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread