+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1551Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I'm going back and forth on Whoopi. There are some days I really enjoy her, and some days I get tired of it being "the Whoopi and Friends" show where she does all the talking, and tells the friends what they need to think.

I agree with you Fluff on the rash comments and lack of research. That aspect of the show would not bother me a bit if they'd just stick to it being women gossiping around a table. But when they try to pretend that they're some sort of credible source for news and run their uninformed mouths off like that, it annoys me.

I wish they'd give Sherri and IQ test once and for all so that she could prove to the rest of the panel that she's good enough, she's smart enough, and gosh darnit people like her. When they were talking about Sandra Day O'Connor's husband on Friday's show, I swear that i talk to my 3-year-old nephew with more respect and more confidence in his intellect than Barbara was to Sherri. (and the fact that she left the court because of his alzheimer's was NOT a guarded secret confided just in Barbara ... I knew it, and I didn't interview the Justice!) Sherri has a brain that is as developed as the rest of theirs. (take that comparison as you'd wish!) They hired her to be on the show for a reason. Let her do her job and quit treating her like she can't be trusted to speak if someone doesn't have a hand up her back guiding her every word!

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2672476;
    Depends on who you are dressing for
    Well shoot, why didn't I think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2676203;
    I wish they'd give Sherri and IQ test once and for all so that she could prove to the rest of the panel that she's good enough, she's smart enough, and gosh darnit people like her. When they were talking about Sandra Day O'Connor's husband on Friday's show, I swear that i talk to my 3-year-old nephew with more respect and more confidence in his intellect than Barbara was to Sherri. (and the fact that she left the court because of his alzheimer's was NOT a guarded secret confided just in Barbara ... I knew it, and I didn't interview the Justice!) Sherri has a brain that is as developed as the rest of theirs. (take that comparison as you'd wish!) They hired her to be on the show for a reason. Let her do her job and quit treating her like she can't be trusted to speak if someone doesn't have a hand up her back guiding her every word!

This is the Sherri that asked everyone on the panel if Sandra Day O'Connor was now free to marry someone else since her hubby found someone else in his assisted living home? Yeah, that Sherri is smart.

But yes, Barbara was an irritating twit on Friday and she was unexplicably rude to Sherri. I immediately thought that y'all needed to add her "this is how my skinny friends eat" routine to those that you've listed that she mentions far too much. I laughed loudly at the look on her face when no one in the audience laughed when she did her little demonstration as if it was the first time she had ever shared that info. Rosie thought it was funny and it was cute... the first time. It's lost its flavor after being told 20-30-40 times.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2678081;
    This is the Sherri that asked everyone on the panel if Sandra Day O'Connor was now free to marry someone else since her hubby found someone else in his assisted living home? Yeah, that Sherri is smart.
    Sherri did not ask that -- the assumption of Barbara that she's plum stupid led to that misunderstanding. Sherri was posing the question form a moral standpoint -- Since Sandra Day O'Connor's husband has alzheimers and has a "relationship" with someone in the facility he's living in, would she morally be free to move on with someone else in HER life if she chose to do so. Barbara was the dimwit who didn't understand the point that Sherri was making, which was a shame. It would have been an interesting point for them to discuss.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2676203;
    I think Sherri is the current victim of The View's "Youngest co-host syndrome". It seems as though whomever is the youngest co-host on this show at any given time, first Elizabeth (and now Sherri in her stead) has to endure the condensending "You're the youngest one on this panel so you couldn't possibly have a clue what you're talking about" treatment from the other older co-hosts.

It's become a little tiresome, actually.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;2678150;
    I think Sherri is the current victim of The View's "Youngest co-host syndrome". It seems as though whomever is the youngest co-host on this show at any given time, first Elizabeth (and now Sherri in her stead) has to endure the condensending "You're the youngest one on this panel so you couldn't possibly have a clue what you're talking about" treatment from the other older co-hosts.

It's become a little tiresome, actually.
    That's a really great point - I think you may be on to something. You'd think tht Sherri is old enough to avoid that, but I guess it just shows that it's a matter of being the youngest and not necessarily the specific age. So how did Lisa Ling avoid that treatment?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As far as Sherri is concerned, I have a problem (and, yes, I know it's just that....MY problem) with people who seem to choose to be unread and uninformed. I don't understand how you can be a responsible mother, and have that mindset. Come on, now!! It's not as if anyone is asking you to be a Rhodes scholar....just set a good example for the bambino.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Sherri does not come across as unread or uninformed. She has stated that she is quite well read in the most important book of all, The Bible.

And I saw it as Veruka did, she was asking about the moral aspects of the O'Connor's current "relationship" standing. Barbara totally missed it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess we're all entitled to our opinions.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Yuck, they have Jessica Sklar Seinfeld on today and Babs is majorly sucking up to her. Thankfully, Sherri saved the segment with her cute sense of humor.

+ Reply to Thread