+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

They need my daughter on their $100 outfit shows. She always looks so cute and spends very little on her clothes. I agree that a $100 pair of boots, or bracelet isn't quite what we think of as an "outfit". lol

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2672465;
    They need my daughter on their $100 outfit shows. She always looks so cute and spends very little on her clothes. I agree that a $100 pair of boots, or bracelet isn't quite what we think of as an "outfit". lol
    Depends on who you are dressing for

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2672448;
    fluff, you must have missed the 20 other shows on which she has done that same routine. I almost envy you!
    Sadly not, I think I saw every single one
    I was being sarcastic
    I think it's about time she told us that her dog can talk. I haven't heard that story for months. Perhaps she only rolls that one out on special occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka
    I think the Jessica Simpsons day was the worst day of budget week. All they did was "model" accessories. Being able to put together an outfit for under $100 is an entirely different challenge from being able to find a bracelet or pair of shoes for under $100. I'm wearing boots right now that I paid $14 for. THAT is shoes on a budget ... not $90 shoes!
    No kiddin'. They didn't even pretend to try on Simpson's guest host day.
    Whoopi was wearing bunch of bangles that cost $84.
    On a budget week I expect to see a full outfit for that.
    I generally don't really like anything they wear on budget weeks because they have an awful habit of picking things that do look very cheap to me, but at least make the effort for heavens sake.

There should be no difficulty in pulling together 20+ looks at under $100, even when they have to shop in certain stores each day because of the gift card giveaway.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2672480;
    Sadly not, I think I saw every single one
    I was being sarcastic
    Whew! Thank goodness! You had me worried!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2672454;
    I think the Jessica Simpsons day was the worst day of budget week. All they did was "model" accessories. Being able to put together an outfit for under $100 is an entirely different challenge from being able to find a bracelet or pair of shoes for under $100. I'm wearing boots right now that I paid $14 for. THAT is shoes on a budget ... not $90 shoes!
    No doubt. I don't consider $90 shoes a bargain. That price tag makes me look another way.

FORT Fogey

Venus Williams just launched her clothing line this week. It is very inexpensive - possibly less expensive than Sarah Jessica Parker's. They could have booked her, had actual budget wardrobes to model from her, and had better contribution during hot toipcs than they got from Jessica.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I barely pay attention on friday's because i know it's taped on monday's and that alone annoys me. I can see how Joy might be feeling not as strong about her role on the show because now she's no longer the only comedienne.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Maybe if Joy was funny, they would not have had to bring in other comediennes.

Sorry to change topics, but looked up the schedule on ABC.com just now, and Celine Dion will be there on Friday! I'm a huge Celine fan so that'll be a must-watch for me!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2672728;
    Maybe if Joy was funny, they would not have had to bring in other comediennes.
    Good point
    I don't find any of the three of them consistently funny.
    Sherri has a sweet quality that I find oftentimes quite endearing, despite being irritated by her lack of knowledge on many subjects.
    I think that holds true of all of them though.
    They'll make rash comments or proclamations and it's quite clear they've done not a lick of research.
    I thought I'd enjoy Whoopi, but I really don't.
    I don't like the way she seems so disinterested in pretty much everything and feigns horror if other people are.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread