+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Sherri has been very good for the past couple of days, imo.
    I don't agree with a governor holding a prayer meeting to pray for rain, but I thought Sherri made a lot of sense when she tried to counter Joy's point about Global Warming.
    Joy said 'we' should be dealing with Global Warming instead and Sherri not only said that the governor could be doing both, but also basically said that even if there's an underlying issue that needs to be dealt with, people still want immediate problems sorted out too, e.g. if Joy's top is too tight or her pants too short (which they always are imo) she wants that sorted out then and there, regardless of any other more important issues.
    I'm not explaining this at all well
    I think twice now Sherri has done a good job of turning things on Joy to expose her hypocrisy.
    The fact that Whoopi dons her "wtf?" every time Sherri talks irritates me to no end.
    Admittedly the example she made about Joy being annoyed with her ill-fitting clothing was an odd one, but if she actually bothered to listen to it it did make sense and was a valid comment imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I was very impressed with Sherri pointing out Joy's hypocrisy today. It's true, if it is ok for one it is ok for all.

I love Sherri, recently she has been getting her point across very well and I'm proud of her for it. Maybe she's kind of still settling into her role and learning how things work around there. Anyway, I think she's just a real and genuine person, and I really like her on the panel.

Jessica Simpson was so cute today...she might have been a little out of her element on Hot Topics, but I really enjoyed the fashion show! I was thinking about running out to Macy's to get that black dress/red heels combo that the one model was wearing. So cute!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2670319;
    Sherri has been very good for the past couple of days, imo.
    I don't agree with a governor holding a prayer meeting to pray for rain, but I thought Sherri made a lot of sense when she tried to counter Joy's point about Global Warming.
    Joy said 'we' should be dealing with Global Warming instead and Sherri not only said that the governor could be doing both, but also basically said that even if there's an underlying issue that needs to be dealt with, people still want immediate problems sorted out too, e.g. if Joy's top is too tight or her pants too short (which they always are imo) she wants that sorted out then and there, regardless of any other more important issues.
    I'm not explaining this at all well
    I think twice now Sherri has done a good job of turning things on Joy to expose her hypocrisy.
    The fact that Whoopi dons her "wtf?" every time Sherri talks irritates me to no end.
    Admittedly the example she made about Joy being annoyed with her ill-fitting clothing was an odd one, but if she actually bothered to listen to it it did make sense and was a valid comment imo.
    You did a wonderful job of explaining, Fluff! Hats off to Sherri. I wonder if she is more at ease when babs is gone and able to express herself better.

I like that the governor turned to a higher power for help. Sherri read the weather report and it did rain!

FORT Fogey

There's another piece to the stupidity of Joy's argument about global warming in addition to the "you can deal with more than one problem". One of the big reasons that the draught is so severe is that there have been no hurricanes hitting Florida in the past couple of years. That region usually gets a lot of the residual rain when hurricanes sweep through. If one hit, it would do quite a bit to increase the levels of the lakes. Why haven't there been any hurricanes in the "right" place for daught relief? Because the Gulf of Mexico has been too cool to ge them going. Short term, global warming would actually provide draught relief!

I think the advantage Sherri might have is that she's not as well-versed in the set political sides of arguments as some on the panel are. Without those filters, she's able to see arguments from a different perspective and cut right to the chase. I still don't think she's all that strong at presenting an informed argument. But she's very strong in dissecting those made by others.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Barbara moves like she has frozen joints. She looks foolish.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The budget outfit week was a complete waste of time, imo.
    The only one who had a top to toe budget outfit on was Sherri.
    Whoopi was only wearing one article of clothing that wasn't her own, a very roomy sweater that would have fitted someone 50 lbs heavier and they declared her outfit to be just $17.99.
    What about the shoes and jeans she was wearing?
    They only gave us the price of Joy's jacket and shoes and Barbara's cardigan and pants.
    I thought the whole point of the exercise was the dress them from top to toe for less than $100. I think they might have managed that with two outfits this week.

Hey, that story about how Babs's skinny friends pretend to eat food was super funny though, eh?
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2672308;
    Whoopi was only wearing one article of clothing that wasn't her own, a very roomy sweater that would have fitted someone 50 lbs heavier and they declared her outfit to be just $17.99.
    They only gave us the price of Joy's jacket and shoes and Barbara's cardigan and pants.
    I thought the whole point of the exercise was the dress them from top to toe for less than $100. I think they might have managed that with two outfits this week.

Hey, that story about how Babs's skinny friends pretend to eat food was super funny though, eh?
    That is because 'the one who's name will not be mentioned while out on maternity leave' was not there to do what she does best, THE LOOK FOR LESS!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2672308;

fluff, you must have missed the 20 other shows on which she has done that same routine. I almost envy you!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I think the Jessica Simpsons day was the worst day of budget week. All they did was "model" accessories. Being able to put together an outfit for under $100 is an entirely different challenge from being able to find a bracelet or pair of shoes for under $100. I'm wearing boots right now that I paid $14 for. THAT is shoes on a budget ... not $90 shoes!

+ Reply to Thread